games warehouse clone

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

games warehouse clone

Post by cool »

Has anyone seen an influx of machines that look like GW but are not with very few quiz games.Found one where the menu was revamped to include more of the gw content with a scroll type page system to access games that looks amateurish to me.Believed these units have been mentioned recently.Wonder who the developer is.Its all very strange.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Thankfully most of the places I saw with this machine last month have reverted back to a proper one.
amazing

Post by amazing »

cool wrote:Has anyone seen an influx of machines that look like GW but are not with very few quiz games.Found one where the menu was revamped to include more of the gw content with a scroll type page system to access games that looks amateurish to me.Believed these units have been mentioned recently.Wonder who the developer is.Its all very strange.
Try the roulette nice little earner as u can get your stake bk almost every time when it's in a good mood if u lose made £65 on first one I played
Enjoying life to the max!

I'll be back
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

cool wrote:Has anyone seen an influx of machines that look like GW but are not with very few quiz games.Found one where the menu was revamped to include more of the gw content with a scroll type page system to access games that looks amateurish to me.Believed these units have been mentioned recently.Wonder who the developer is.Its all very strange.
PubPods?
Only had about 6 quiz games on it, one of which I was looking to play so happy days
I mentioned them on Jackpotty a couple of weeks back, if that's where you may have seen them talked about recently.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

These are the ones I was referring to here:

showthread.php?16597-10p-Pub-Quiz

I have only seen three so far and I think my initial one word review ('desperation') still holds true overall. The Chase is actually a reasonable game, albeit one with pretty poor prizes on offer quite rapidly, but I wouldn't want to be in the developer's shoes the day that one of the Chasers realises they have spelt her name wrong...

;-)
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Ah, played one of these in a pub, can't remember exactly where as it was on a crawl lol
Played 10p Piggy Bank with a friend. Took 50p to award the game, won a quid. Boring!
cool

Post by cool »

Is it just me or does the Quiz zone on the new Games Warehouse format gets introduced in super tight mode? Im waiting for them to fill up, it may be a long wait......
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

It's all getting just a little confusing. As far as I can tell there are two variants appearing in the standard 'widescreen' GWHL Paragon cabinets:

- Quiz Zone only

This appears to be the 2013 revamp of the standard Paragon menu. It has retained most of the playable Q&A and word games - the ones that seem to have gone consistently include Eggheads, The Wizard of Oddz and Premier League Darts Quiz, but that's only my 'top of the head' list - while they only seem to have added The Chase as a new game (but again, I might have missed something for now). They have solved one annoyance of mine - on exiting a game you are returned to the same location in the menu system, which helps if like me you play lots of different games in one session - but removed something that I did like - you can no longer collect when there is sufficient credit in pence to play a game, i.e. you can't collect on say £10.80 but can on say £10.30.

In terms of how the games have been installed, I haven't decided on that yet. There is a clue from one game that makes me think that the surviving games simply stay in their previous state from the old menu once the new menu system has been installed, so that if they were hard before they will be hard now, and vice versa, but I'll need to play a few more virgin machines to decide on that.

Overall though I'd say this menu is all that is left before they really do turn off the lights on serious quiz machine playing for good.

- Multizones

These are also in one of the Paragon widescreen cabinets and are what I have been calling 'PubPod' in my lists, but only because Captain.Tattybojangles called them that earlier in this thread. :-) There are only eight games in what they call the Quiz Zone, although even that includes DOND No Questions and Pints Make Prizes. I thought these looked a sign of real desperation when I first saw them and haven't changed my mind since - they fall in the middle, with not enough of interest either to drag punters away from the much more enticing standalone fruit machines or to lure in people to the SWP content. They are just someone's bad idea.

It sounds like there might be a third new machine out there (the new Open version by Fat Spanner that cool mentions), which I haven't found yet but then I stopped actively visiting Opens some time ago, especially the ones with only 50p per go games.
messiah

Post by messiah »

Interestingly word soup on these seems to have an updated dictionary - Gazillionaires went, whereas in the old versions it didn't play.