SWP player breaking cover

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Istenem

SWP player breaking cover

Post by Istenem »

those of you whom i know personally have seen this but, given how quiet it is in here lately, at least this might be something to talk about.

from this week's Time Out (London).

so why did he do it?
Attachments
IMG_20121024_194650.jpg
IMG_20121024_194630.jpg
IMG_20121024_194639.jpg
nobody ever wins on those things.
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

I know Time Out doesn't have the circulation it used to, but my first reaction is that it's an odd decision to stick your face in it for every landlord in London to see...
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Ego presumably. Also, it's not a very illuminating article and he paints too rosy a picture.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Have you ever happened on this bloke in the wild Isty?
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

How many slotters will have contacted that editor wanting a spread!
quizard

Post by quizard »

Spyder wrote:How many slotters will have contacted that editor wanting a spread!
With Fruit Machines the general consensus is that it is not possible to make money fairly from it in the way you can with SWPs. They either think fruit players are sad addicts who are in denial or are people who fiddle, scam or rob the machine in some way. A similar spead on fruits would be seen as encouraging people to gamble.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary
Scott

Post by Scott »

Way to bring it on top for yourself!
Cobwebs 👆
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

I have it on good authority that the guys a twat
Scott

Post by Scott »

He deserves every future barring he gets!
Cobwebs 👆
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Was wondering when something like this would show up. Can't understand why anyone making a decent living would shoot themselves in the foot like that, unless he genuinely is retiring, which he told me he was planning to.
uber-pro wrote:I have it on good authority that the guys a twat
lol, my first encounter with him didn't exactly go smoothly - lots of attitude on his part and probably some on mine also, then again it was obvious he initially regarded me as an idiot. He's a good player though (even if he only does one current game). The chat we had on the second encounter was a damn sight more interesting than that article.

Now when's the alleged Ch4 documentary coming out? ;)
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

Is it the game pictured in the article, or - despite his apparent wish to reveal everything else about himself - is that part of the article disinformation?

(Asking for a friend :) )
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

One would think that the game on display is also most certainly a level of disinformation. There is no doubt as to what is actually being done out there at the moment and this isn't it to any great degree. £500 a day is a good earn, but pales into insiginficance against what can be achieved by the more determined of you, particularly those north of the border who have it all to themselves. This guy has some serious competition down London way.

It will change at some point in the future no doubt, so maybe he is breaking cover because he suspects he is one game removal away from having to start again, or maybe he is even aware of what approaches with MGD which is going to have a major impact next year, only time will tell if this is good or bad for the quizzes.

QM
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

Is it just me or does he look a bit autistic?
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

MGD will render the quiz machines as we know them obsolete which will probably factor into his thinking
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Drpepper wrote:MGD will render the quiz machines as we know them obsolete which will probably factor into his thinking
Hope that day doesn't come before I can work out how you get to every new machine before me!