SWP player breaking cover

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

Post by cool »

Nobody has been able to answer the question.Why is it if he was making all this money he wasnt rumbled and the game altered or removed long ago.The machines have long been able to show the input/payout in a prescribed period per individual game and remember with a choice of at least ten games a terminal often more , the game would be in the negative for much of the time.He had routes according to the article and so didnt play each terminal once.I do believe the guy is making a good living but is bigging himself up for the media (although from experience they will do it themselves and make up quotes) and talking quite a lot of bollocks.
wires74

Post by wires74 »

In the dally mail comments section has anyone noticed BREWIS has made a contribution its a good piece knows his stuff about Hmrc that's a whole new debate
Topical2009

Post by Topical2009 »

cool wrote:I do believe the guy is making a good living but is bigging himself up for the media (although from experience they will do it themselves and make up quotes) and talking quite a lot of bollocks.
When it comes to the question of "what do you earn in a year", I wonder if what happens is that the journalist hears a rough figure for what you can earn in any given hour or day or week and extrapolates that to make a figure that you do earn every year, and which takes no account of terminals which aren't switched on, or have knackered coinslots, or don't pay out wins; or days off, or holidays; or the disappearance of a game once you've won too much, either from the odd individual terminal or across the board. Also, these calculations tend to blur the difference between winnings and post-expenses earnings, which can be quite significant, especially if you're travelling around a lot. The quoted figure is the equivalent of £230 a day, 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year...I'm not going to join the hilarious chorus of nay-sayers in the DM comments who say that's flat out impossible, but I'd be massively impressed by anyone who's kept up that level over a prolonged period.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

A ton a day is doable if you have a particular game to yourself. Any more than that is down to flukes of thicktown or the desire to play for 12 hours a day, neither of which I have any longer, i.e. I can't be arsed travelling to the back of beyond and I like to be home before 6pm
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
cool

Post by cool »

Totally agree with you.My days of staying out till closing time having a kebab then driving back 100miles to Southampton are long gone.
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

The machines are more within the control of the manufacturers now than at any time since they arrived on the scene in the mid 80's. Either this guy isn't winning anything like as much as he is saying or for some unfathomable reason his forays have gone unnoticed. Given the speed at which Bully and Bully No Questions were either removed altogether or adjusted it is hard to believe that Colour of Money can have lasted that long under that sort of pressure. Surely more people would have come across him given his breadth of travelling?
The whole shebang is very strange....
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

One of his tips is: "Where possible don't gamble. If you answer the questions and the machine wants to pay, it will."
So presumably every machine he goes on the machine wants to pay out!

There's a lot of holes in this.
I've been out today, had a decent day, made about 40/50 quid. But the train fares are going up almost bimonthly nowadays and I just can't believe you could go to my hometown and rake in £80 an hour - It's a preposterous suggestion. If you could do that on The Colour Of Money it'd be scrapped straight away. Each game takes about ten to fifteen minutes anyway!

His tips are a bit shit too - 'always pick the earliest date' and 'it's usually the middle answer' - is there not a contradiction here?

I accept there are patterns that I sometimes can pick up on, but they come more from playing the things round the clock and getting into weirdly trancelike states!
cool

Post by cool »

The dickwit is on the late night show on radio 5 TONIGHT after 10.30.It would make my year if somebody with the acerbic wit of say Quizmaster phoned the station and gave him a verbal dressing down!
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

cool wrote:The dickwit is on the late night show on radio 5 TONIGHT after 10.30.It would make my year if somebody with the acerbic wit of say Quizmaster phoned the station and gave him a verbal dressing down!
Christ almighty! Has he got an agent or what?
One of my mates has just pissed himself laughing as I showed him the article. He knows how much I get nowadays, has to listen to all my sob stories about broken machines, pubs closing down etc and the idea that I'm raking in three times his annual wage (he works in a normal 9 to 5) has creased him up.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

the prick will be doing tv chat shows next
cool

Post by cool »

paddy spooner did have an agent.He probably has as well.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Is this interview on radio 5 live? I'd be interested to hear what he has to say.
Cobwebs 👆
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Whoever comes up with the questions for these machines are going to have a field day with him! Can just see it:

Ex-University Challenge captain Christian Drummond earned how much per annum on The Colour Of Money?

a) £60,000
b) £30,000 It's always the middle answer
c) £10,000 It's always the lowest answer
Scott

Post by Scott »

Its gone down to 40k already.
Cobwebs 👆
cool

Post by cool »

yes just been annouced but the programme finishes at 1 so it may be a long wait!