The lights go out, one by one...

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
muddle

Post by muddle »

Oh well,at least that's a Wetherspoons that still has a machine! Was that a paragon machine,Soccer HQ? I've seen a few with only 7 or 8 games on,never any with just 3.Although,thinking about it,a while ago,I did come across a couple that just had The Chase and Pointless on.
SoccerHQ

Post by SoccerHQ »

muddle wrote:Oh well,at leaat that's a Wetherspoons that still has a machine! Was that a paragon machine,Soccer HQ? I've seen a few with only 7 or 8 games on,never any with just 3.Although,thinking about it,a while ago,I did come across a couple that just had The Chase and Pointless on.
I QUEST chap.
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

My favourite thread! I saw a pub today that's being refurbished. Massive signs on the outside: "Opening in late August! We will have NO fruit machines! No quiz machines! No Carling! No blah blah blah..This will be a modern pub!"
Unbeliveable pretentious shite! Actually I'll get the exact wording tomorrow. Four billboards outside the place shouting it from the rooftops. Sent a chill down my spine tbh.
dog section

Post by dog section »

hope they go tits up then. twats saying any pub with a machine aint a real pub. what ego world are they in.
k9-sec.co.uk
muddle

Post by muddle »

The proud declaration of 'No Carling' is particularly amusing - it's not what I tend to drink,but what's wrong with drinking it? Did this pub used to have a quizzy,paragoon?
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Are you sure its not just opening back up as a Tescos Metro or something!
Stubble

Post by Stubble »

Haha... That made me chuckle.

What's the stigma with Carling? My beer of choice! Does it have unsavoury associations?