Vaguely rubbish new games

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Northern Monkey

Vaguely rubbish new games

Post by Northern Monkey »

With apologies if these have been posted about before on here:

Knock out pub quiz
Some abomination of the Bullseye franchise along the lines of the various bingo games.

Although wrt the latter it might be my most succesful game ever as I am 300% up and unlikely ever to put another 50p in it.
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

Is Knock Out pub quiz that tedious rewrite of 100/1? If it is it's just too much like watching paint dry to bother going for that oh-so-enticing £2. Be quicker and more entertaining to dress up as a tramp and go shilling for £2 change on the street.
Double Your Money is a huuge fuck up of what could have been a decent game. The process of getting to the endgame is quite enjoyable with just the right amount of lives and chances. But once you're there you can win maybe 50p before they ask 'Which episode of Brookside came first?" and that's that. The designers must get pissed off with going to all that trouble just to have the game DOA. Same with that Buzz thing - quite enjoyed playing it and the question bank was different but it was pretty obvious Joe Pubic wouldn't bother with it. How much do people get paid for designing these games that last only a month or so??!
ailsa266

Post by ailsa266 »

Joe Pubic? Is he the short one with the curly hair?
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

while we are on the subject: i came across a paragon yesterday which had a minesweeper game. it looked just like yet another battleshits game but it turns out to be a skill-roulette thing with a maritime theme. dross. although if somebody has the required hand-eye-brain coordination it is probably doable.
there was also a PVP PLOD variant for £10 after 50 games. i didn't bother with that.

instead i played Quiz Master which had the top prize of £1. then MOTD which wanted to know about gillingham's managers. so clearly nobody has been playing it since the last time someone good went in there.

i play much less these days, apart from WU, there is very little edification or wit in the games. grumble, grumble, snipe, bitch etc.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

also, great pedantic gag Ailsa. if this were FB (or if i properly understood this new forum) i'd do a like at you.
nobody ever wins on those things.
ailsa266

Post by ailsa266 »

Thank you, old chap...I'm almost tempted to do a like to myself and pretend it's from you!
Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

The Minesweeper game to which you refer here. You can 'bet' £1 on a 50 to 1 return and at least £10 on a 2 to 1 return.

I would personally consider that breaks most of the rules. That and the fact I was pretty sure it was unhittable.

Anyone else seen it? On the Paragon cabinet. Probably with a £20 float.
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

Noels Beard wrote:The Minesweeper game to which you refer here. You can 'bet' £1 on a 50 to 1 return and at least £10 on a 2 to 1 return.

I would personally consider that breaks most of the rules. That and the fact I was pretty sure it was unhittable.

Anyone else seen it? On the Paragon cabinet. Probably with a £20 float.
i've played this a couple of times, stuck 50p's worth of bets on and won a fiver without barely trying. I suspect this is down to me being the first person to bother with it on that particular machine. Have also lost a couple of times. Wary of playing it any more than that.