Are Opens dead?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
exactly

Are Opens dead?

Post by exactly »

Fatspanner seem to have removed all mention to cabinets on their website and are now describing themselves as "content providers". A bit worrying for them as recently their content has been even worse than their hardware...
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

I found an Open recently with two new games, one a variation on Caveman Capers. So that would be strange if so.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Can you remember what the Cavey game is called GGDR?
wires74

Post by wires74 »

Twat a penguin or something like that
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

Think Ive played it- is it Arctic Avalanche or some such- you flip a seal with a whale a la caveman whacking away with his bludgeon. One for Greenpeace I reckon.
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

Strange that the old menu on there with Star Wars/Eliminator/100/darts and stuff lasted for ages then they changed it to that god awful one where the most you could 'win' was about a quid but that menu only lasted about three weeks or so! actually it's not surprising is it. Utterly dreadful and like the itbox it will die.
quizard

Post by quizard »

The lineup didn't look like this did it? LOL
Attachments
hotwire.jpg
cool

Post by cool »

is latest release, the above.
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

quizard wrote:The lineup didn't look like this did it? LOL
Utter shite....
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

The line-up shown in the picture above is the Hotwire, which is housed in converted Paragon cabinets and which actually still has a few decent games on it (albeit they aren't the ones shown on that 'New Games' screen, which are all pretty rank). I managed to find one in very kind mode only yesterday. The better games all have that classic FatSpanner property that there is one decent hit in them then they are ruined for a very long time, but at least they do have some initial mileage. I believe what counts as the latest Open, on the other hand, is just dreadful - all the better FatSpanner games reduced to 50p a go varieties (and hence having most of the playability sucked out of them) accompanied by a lot of complete dross.
exactly

Post by exactly »

Wouldnt worry too much about the content on the Opens. Apparently they are being converted into fruit machines as we speak...
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Hello! We have noticed that you havent posted anything to the forums in the last 30 days. Please consider making a post so that your account can be set to active again. Thanks, Fruitchat Admin.

Done.
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

Had to call them yesterday and they said they are still making cabinets - strange no mention on their website though.

Dave
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

I recieved an email about a video awp they are now producing based on cops and robbers.

To be honest the take on the HOTWIRE has dropped since xmas dramatically - sign of the times I think.

Good job we sell plenty of rag puddings every week so we can pay the bills !

Dave
Mat Ingram

Post by Mat Ingram »

whiteswan wrote: Good job we sell plenty of rag puddings every week so we can pay the bills !

Dave
Tried one, and they are well named. Tasted like someone had dropped their sanitry towel in it.
Couldn't be bothered to send it back as there was a grumpy old twat, shouting at everyone, behind the bar.
Show me more.....