PVP

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Istenem

PVP

Post by Istenem »

do we remember when the titbox did a player vs player realtime test tournament?
(i know it was done on TSP, pretty sure an old WWTBAM was billed this way too and that strange drag-racing game.)
it was perhaps eight years ago.

1. was it genuine?
2a. if so, why did it not make the full release?
2b. if not, why have GWHL exhumed such a daft homocentric version of the format.

the only terminals i saw this on were admittedly very close to the former itbox HQ (bucknall street wc2) so it might have smelled a bit like fish.

i can't resist the smelt gag
nobody ever wins on those things.
exactly

Post by exactly »

I never saw this - what is TSP? - but there are so few machines left, so few players left and so many games to choose from. Even after making the massive assumption that the technology is good enough, the chances of enough people playing the same game at the same time to ensure consistent opponents is too small. I can't see why they don't have a daily or weekly scoreboard for word up etc. on connected cabinets, surely this would encourage more play than the current 2 quid in 1 quid back prize format.
Master of The Game

Post by Master of The Game »

why would anyone here know the answers to your questions?
cp999

Post by cp999 »

The TSP tournament was on GamesNet, last one was Dec 2009.

The old networked WWTBAMs were very rare.

There were a few itbox tournaments on "the game that shall not be mentioned" - that was maybe about four or five years back? Other than that I'm not sure what tournament you're referring to.
exactly

Post by exactly »

I assume he is referring to Player v player in real time but no doubt he will confirm
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Biggest problem with PVP these days is if you load it up SEARCHING FOR PLAYERS....NO OTHER PLAYERS FOUND.

If the quiz machines were nicer to Joe Public, however, then it might work a little better.
exactly

Post by exactly »

It works ok with word games on mobiles but even on king.com, which has tens of thousands of players online at a time, the genuinely real time games are always dead. No one can be bothered waiting around for a game at their PC so they definitely won't on a quiz machine.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Average waiting time for a H2H online Texas Hold'em poker game to open is about 1 minute per 500 players online. And poker is popular.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday