Quiz machines in other countries

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Hariolus

Quiz machines in other countries

Post by Hariolus »

I was wondering, have you ever seen quiz mach outside Uk? Where were they located? Differences?

Dared to try? lol
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Yes think I posted on here about it at the time- an itbox in a pub in Amsterdam (or Brussels cant quite remember-will try and dig out old thread). I think it had word up on it in Dutch.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Northern Monkey wrote:Yes think I posted on here about it at the time- an itbox in a pub in Amsterdam (or Brussels cant quite remember-will try and dig out old thread). I think it had word up on it in Dutch.
Just searched and actually it was a night club in Maastricht in 2008 and I dont think it did have Word Up but definitely had Nuts and some other UK titles with the questions in Dutch together with what looked like some bespoke offerings for the local market.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

I've been abroad before and I didn't like it.
But I'd like to think that gibraltar has quiz machines. I have a portion of chips on my shoulder about the Spanish. I really like the idea of being on the border and flipping the bird at Diego.
nobody ever wins on those things.
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

Last time I was in New Zealand (2004) there were standalone Millionaire machines around. I'm back there in November and I live in hope.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Just got back from Romania. It's a bit behind the times, but in a tavern near The Merry Cemetery of Săpânţa there's this specimen.
Attachments
quiz_machine_984.jpg
quiz_machine_984.jpg (19.15 KiB) Viewed 425 times
quiz_machine_984.jpg
quiz_machine_984.jpg (19.15 KiB) Viewed 426 times
Roulette free since December 2011.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Brilliant! Reminds me of the Glaswegian on Dragon's Den tonight trying to flog Mobility Scooters hooked up to a machine that wouldn't have looked out of place in the 70s.

Did you play it Harry? Were the questions in Romanian?
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

[quote="harry2"] S&#259]

beautiful.

as for the terminal itself, i guess romanian-wideboys-on-the-make are more interested in sawing off parking meters and cloning ATMs than getting good enough at SWP. 2501 questions :shock:

there might be one notable exception :wink:
nobody ever wins on those things.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Have to confess, my story above is a complete fake. The quiz machine is real, but was manufactured in the US in 1969 :shock:
Roulette free since December 2011.