Today's chase

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
sir ratholer

Today's chase

Post by sir ratholer »

Paul (the guy who went for 38k and got it easily) and then did immense in the endgame - surely a quiz pro?!
Bored of the grind.
cool

Post by cool »

surname & location please!
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

I dont think they say that?

He was so good though, he almost appeared complacent at times and shocked everyone going for the 38k out of the blue almost arrogantly.

Him and the young kid in the endgame clearly had a tactic - it was like he had told the kid he was super clever (which I'm sure he knew by then!) and to leave it to him, the kid made a huge point of lifting his hand off the buzzer when he didn't know the answer to leave him to it.

The young kid was going bananas, he banked 2k and got 2 questions right in the endgame and bagged 20k! He was kissing the other guy and everything!
Bored of the grind.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i missed it and usually watch it every day :x

itv player time :wink:
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

damn , can't watch it :(
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

mr lugsy wrote:damn , can't watch it :(
Why does itv player not show the chase?
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

nope , itvplayer is rubbish and will only let you watch stuff like jeremy kyle, soap and documentaries.
grecian

Re: Today's chase

Post by grecian »

sir ratholer wrote:Paul (the guy who went for 38k and got it easily) and then did immense in the endgame - surely a quiz pro?!
Sounds intriguing. I will try to obtain further details from some of my contacts.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

He said he was an airline pilot but im sure he wouldnt just say he was a quiz pro!
Bored of the grind.
quizard

Post by quizard »

Just because people are really good at quizzes doesn't mean they play machines professionally. If I was an airline pilot I wouldn't lol. Plus if you have job that pays £100k a year winning £38k is not quite as big a deal as it would be for most people.
cool

Post by cool »

was an airline pilot on wwtbam a few years ago who was going well until the 32,000 question when the producers no doubt wanted to get rid of his confident plum tones and asked him a question on evictions from Big Brother! He crashed and burned.
grecian

Post by grecian »

cool wrote:was an airline pilot on wwtbam a few years ago who was going well until the 32,000 question when the producers no doubt wanted to get rid of his confident plum tones and asked him a question on evictions from Big Brother! He crashed and burned.
There was also Duncan Bickley, the helicopter pilot who famously lost a nominal £468k on WWTBAM by going the wrong way on a 50:50 from £250k - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/986803.stm . I actually met him filming another show about a year later and got very drunk with him in Manchester. A good guy.

Airline pilot's a great job for quizzes, I think. On long haul flights aside from take-off and landing it's just sitting about reading, as I understand it. There's 'Fifteen to One' legend Nick Terry and Nicholas Graham, a member of the all-time 'University Challenge' champion team (Sidney Sussex, 1979).
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

"Nominal"

:lol:
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
cool

Post by cool »

I think it was Duncan Bickley experience convinced me that the programme was fixed/manipulated - helicopter pilot gets basic aircraft question as final question for £1m (and fails!), amy johnsons plane
quizard

Post by quizard »

The name of Amy Johnson's plane was hardly a basic aircraft Q LOL. I only knew the answer because it had appeared on a quiz machine. Before that show if you had asked 100 random people cold I doubt if any would have come up with the right answer.

The guy was just stupid at that stage to try and answer a question to which he had no idea of the answer.