If you could bring back any game, what would it be. And why?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

kidgloves wrote:DLT's Treble Top.

201, 101, 101 setup anyone ???

£20 was a lot of money in those days to teenager.
I got chased out of a pub in Edinburgh by a mad Scots lad who'd been "saving" the Treble Top waiting for it to come down. Foolishly he decided to talk to a mate at the bar. Too late!
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

QuizMaster wrote:The earlier Bingo game was called Bingo Challenge and involved the Coinmaster cabs with the joystick that had been used on Mazemaster.

There was also a Numbers Game by JPM which involved clearing a Bingo Card to reveal a prize behind.

I was trying to remember games from days of yore that failed (everybody seems to think that only new games are crap but there were some old horrors even back then).

Anybody remember 'Ten Up' or 'The Entertainer'. Only ever saw I each of these. There was a Pac Man as well at one point.
The pacman was superb. You had to hit the button continuously to get round to the board before the baddies caught up with you.
cp999

Post by cp999 »

QuizMaster wrote: There was also a Numbers Game by JPM which involved clearing a Bingo Card to reveal a prize behind.
Yeah, remember it well, 5x3 card grid once you qualified and the prize would be £1, £5 or £10. It would reveal more of the grid for the lower prizes, so I can't remember for sure, but 14 questions on the rare occasions when it was a tenner.
QuizMaster wrote: Anybody remember 'Ten Up' or 'The Entertainer'. Only ever saw I each of these. There was a Pac Man as well at one point.

Think it was called Pac Quiz. Actually I saw a few Ten Ups around (JPM machine). I did see an Entertainer in two different locations but remember nothing about it. Anyone remember a game called Sport Trivia? (c. 1993) It was a cross between Numbers Game and Treasure Trail, but the final round (you had to get 4/5 right a la Treasure Trail iirc) was always £1+. I only saw one ever, in a pub on the Wirral, and I emptied it quite easily. I was told there was also a Pop Music version of it, but I never saw that.
danthedude66

Post by danthedude66 »

cash stacka all day long

probably the best empty i ever had financially, fruits included

massive banks
i hate swede
wrightn307

Post by wrightn307 »

i wud bring back dosh n pecks or fire balls or bubbles that key made fat :-)or super charged
Johnny's Amusements

Post by Johnny's Amusements »

I would bring back an old £2 token jackpot machine called "Spin A Win" made by a company called Interplay. Just seemed to empty itself every time I played it! And to the above poster, I have a fireball in my arcade on 10p/£8/82%.
Visit Johnny's Amusements @ 114 Gorgie Road in Edinburgh & see the newly opened Retro Section featuring old classics from the 70s & 80s like Line Up, Lucky 2s plus loads more !

http://www.johnnysamusements.co.uk
Real Pro gamer

Post by Real Pro gamer »

Chico the bandit! Loved it