ticket versus coinage payouts

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

ticket versus coinage payouts

Post by cool »

most readers of my opinions on the current state of the gaming industry are in general agreement but the only point where there is some worry is the way forward with payouts from wins. Im all for the ticket payout system adopted by Games Media as it cuts down on non payouts and it backs up your claim by authenticating the win , but there is concern over the fact that publicans know exactly what you win and a big win means you could be shown the door.

who is right?
Scott

Post by Scott »

Try getting something as small as £50 via ticket on a juice machine when the till's only floated with £30 :roll:

I'm all for cash payouts personally, even better when its £10 notes.
Cobwebs 👆
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

Scott wrote:Try getting something as small as £50 via ticket on a juice machine when the till's only floated with £30 :roll:

I can only assume you are a bandit player. If I won £50.00 on one of those that pay out a ticket I'd get the press out for a photograph. It might even make our local T.V. news...
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

I've had a few £20's from the ticket printer - haven't encountered any issues with staff since I just tell them I put a £20 note in to play and won a couple of quid.

Ironically I find the lack of coin payout an advantage in such situations.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Scott

Post by Scott »

tonkarentino wrote:
Scott wrote:Try getting something as small as £50 via ticket on a juice machine when the till's only floated with £30 :roll:

I can only assume you are a bandit player. If I won £50.00 on one of those that pay out a ticket I'd get the press out for a photograph. It might even make our local T.V. news...

Yes mate, i'm talking fruits.
Cobwebs 👆
civ77

Post by civ77 »

When they were first introduced I was lucky enough to find a couple in my area which had a game that lacked adequate 'pro player protection', I never made £50 on a single ticket (as my bladder or need for another pint would interrupt my play) but it was not far off.

Being reluctant to kill the goose that was laying golden eggs I didn't go too crazy on it, but it paid well enough that it would have run out of coins on numerous occasions had it been a coin payout system.

Never had any issues raised with me directly, although the bar manager at one of the pubs still gives me dirty looks a year later.

It is a pain to go and cash a ticket for a couple of quid though, which is surely the norm for most SWP players (myself included ATM).
wires74

Post by wires74 »

Let me guess connect 4 maybe or caveman capers or x factor
civ77

Post by civ77 »

wires74 wrote:Let me guess connect 4 maybe or caveman capers or x factor
None of those, it was a word game with the very imaginative name of 'word'