The Hex Factor Tournament

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
kidgloves

The Hex Factor Tournament

Post by kidgloves »

Being a long time player of Hex at a very average level - (cash prizes of £2 to £6 on an generous unit) - I was intrigued by this update I came across last night in my local. I see GGDR is a poster on here and has the 1st spot at the moment - nice score - I think on a good night me and the wife might scrape together a 40-60K score but I like where they are going with this, although it is sad not to be able to snag a quick couple of coins anymore.
Confucius say "man who know wombat know more than stupid looking monkey"
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

Six days after the close of the Hex Factor competition, I should point out that I'm yet to receive any form of communications from Tournament Arcade HQ...
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

What? Not even a 'Fuck off you smartarse'?
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
messiah

Post by messiah »

ggdr wrote:Six days after the close of the Hex Factor competition, I should point out that I'm yet to receive any form of communications from Tournament Arcade HQ...
it was still being advertised on the front page of GW at the moon under water at leciester square this weekend. The game was however the standard Hex Maniac, on installation mode.
sausagefingaz

Post by sausagefingaz »

Dont you have to register on line and fill in a form or something? i go look...

"TA will notify all ranked players on conclusion of each tournament. To claim a prize, winners must first register online to set up an account. If a Player fails to set up an account within the twenty one day period allowed, after the tournaments conclusion, then the prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded to any other participant. TA is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected notification or incorrect mobile numbers."

Admittedly they claim they will contact you at tournament end but if you have not already you should probably register. http://www.tournamentarcade.com
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

QuizMaster wrote:What? Not even a 'Fuck off you smartarse'?
yo, yo QM; did someone spit in your pasty? again? are there not enough threads about pub quiz?

believe it or not, some people enjoy games outside of your sphere of brilliance. and if one member of this community is top of a given game and others want to congratulate him, a more gentlemanly response would be along the lines of: "oh, top hole old boy, what will you have a half of?"
nobody ever wins on those things.
cool

Post by cool »

somebody had the temerity to attack me for being critical of other fruitchatters without any humour,suggesting that Quizmaster has rapier wit and a lot more friendly.......

Here is my riposte

QuizMaster wrote:
'What? Not even a 'Fuck off you smartarse'?

:lol:
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Istenem wrote:
QuizMaster wrote:What? Not even a 'Fuck off you smartarse'?
yo, yo QM]

I do apologise.

In other news I see from Bing! this morning that Universal, Marvel & Relativity Media have taken an option on the new superhero movie franchise 'Hexboy & Istenem - the Nerd Avengers'. Brian Clemens holds the rights currently.
wires74

Post by wires74 »

Cool you've got em rolling in the aisles again with your RAPIER WIT ever thought about working the comedy circuit. I think not
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

sausagefingaz wrote: "TA will notify all ranked players on conclusion of each tournament. To claim a prize, winners must first register online to set up an account. If a Player fails to set up an account within the twenty one day period allowed, after the tournaments conclusion, then the prize will be forfeited and will not be awarded to any other participant. TA is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected notification or incorrect mobile numbers."
Yep, had already done all that.

Sincerely,

S Arse
cool

Post by cool »

'Cool you've got em rolling in the aisles again with your RAPIER WIT ever thought about working the comedy circuit. I think not'

Well if a unfunny twat like Michael Mccintyre can make a living from it perhaps Ive got a chance.........

His autobiography was live and laughing. He must be being ironic.

I wasnt getting in a sly dig in on Quizmaster. I enjoy the vast majority of his posts including the one above.
sausagefingaz

Post by sausagefingaz »

The house of tiny treasures tournament finished today and they contacted me by text within an hour.
It appears then that not to hear anything for a week is abnormal and would leave me feeling as though i were about to be screwed.
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

Emailed Tournament Arcade on Friday, was given an automated message saying they'd reply within 24 hours. No reply as yet. The 'screwed' possibility seems the most likely at this point. Unimpressive.
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

Update: have now had contact from Tournament Arcade, so perhaps the prize is no illusion...