Sceptre outed

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cp999

Post by cp999 »

mr lugsy wrote:Any other supplier who finds out that the quizzers kept going empty will be a little apprehensive about taking the site on after Sceptre i would think.
They wouldn't be going empty if they were properly floated. Sceptre are deliberately ignoring manufacturers' recommended float settings, albeit for a very specific reason. Normally IOUing a machine is the last thing I want to do, as I don't want to draw attention to what I'm doing. However, IOUing a machine which holds 20 max is often a doddle for a pro. It's also worth pointing out that it must surely be illegal to deliberately float machines with less than the advertised jackpot on certain games (which, under current SWP regulations, must be winnable and not available only in theory), and to furthermore ensure by hopper manipulation that the float can NEVER reach a point where it is sufficient to successfully pay that jackpot.
cool

Post by cool »

Just found out gamestec about to annouce that it is being taken over by a company called astra .unfortunately it is owned by sceptre.how did this company pull this one off?
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

The deal was announced a few months back, it's been going through the competition OFT screening since before it's fully confirmed.

Sceptre don't own astra, Sceptre are supplied by Astra's rivals Gauselmann for digital content.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

So are sceptre takin over tec?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
cool

Post by cool »

The information I received was from a low ranking gamestec employee so it doesn't surprise me they got it wrong! At least the takeover is happening.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

betchrider wrote:So are sceptre takin over tec?
This was the article I saw a few months back

http://www.coin-opcommunity.co.uk/news/ ... #more-4512

"“It will be very interesting to see what happens next,” says an industry source. “Either Bell-Fruit will supply Gamestec alone, or they will continue to supply the whole industry. However, it is clear that Gamestec will ultimately have a preferential purchasing position for their products. Where will this leave the independent operators?”

It is also interesting to consider the position of Sceptre Leisure which has followed a very ambitious expansion plan in recent years and which is supplied by Novomatic’s arch-rival Gauselmann for digital product. Would a lack of reel-based AWP from the UK force Sceptre to look at importing reel-based machines from the German giant?
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
eddiesdad

Post by eddiesdad »

betchrider wrote:So are sceptre takin over tec?
no astra are taking over gtec and bellfruit.it will make it dificult for sceptre to source reel based machines
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

dididn't take your old man for a fruitchat poster scott ? lol
Little discipline = BIG issue

Scott

Post by Scott »

Thought that mesen lol.
Cobwebs 👆
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

So sceptre will be going video?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

When is this all meant to be happening then?
eddiesdad

Post by eddiesdad »

my opinion if the company has cashflow problems removing 50 from every swp hopper will help balance the books for a few wweks
cool

Post by cool »

according to a report in the Morning Advertiser 12th April 2012 Barcrest are going 100% digital but the feedback Ive had from the machine pro's I have come across is that their machines are shite for the pro fruity player anyway.There has definitely been a reluctance to adopt the digital format as Games Media must have thought that they would have swept all before them when they brought out the 1st (to my knowledge) one.The problem with digital is cost wariness and the new legislation effective from next year.

One amusing thing in the article was the response from a Sceptre Leisure Director (Chris Tulloch)when asked how to maximise machine income.He replied 'When giving out change make sure it contains plenty of pound coins' I wonder if he said it with a sense of irony as it seems he expects the customers to fill the machines up not his collectors.
cp999

Post by cp999 »

I have a Sceptre business card which says "In the unlikely event of this machine failing to pay out..".

How I laughed.

Very gratifying to see just how badly their shares are doing.