Sceptre outed

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

Sceptre outed

Post by cool »

Ever wondered why a lot of their swp's do not pay out?
I have discovered why from a source within this company.
Some bastard within it has put out a directive that when a machine is checked and emptied within a pub by the collector, the hopper must be left with a maximum of twenty pound coins:

Do you believe this and what do you believe the motive of Sceptre is?

I do!!!!!
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Yes, I'm aware of this.
Nixxy

Re: Sceptre outed

Post by Nixxy »

cool wrote:... and what do you believe the motive of Sceptre is?
Hmm, the mind doesn't boggle!
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
cool

Post by cool »

Hopefully Sceptre will go the way of Leisure Link, over expansion and collapse with a reasonable company picking up the pieces.With companies that gain too big a percentage in a market why is it that time and time again they get to think that they can do whatever they want with scant respect for anybody else.

I will be contacting one manufacturer next week , I doubt Games Warehouse will be worth bothering (they appear to be very much the same as Sceptre) , as apart from hitting us in our pocket it doesnt exactly make their machines look very good if their product is constantly running out of money, even with small wins.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

if that's the case , they should be reported .
cp999

Post by cp999 »

It's been going on since approx end-October. It's also being done on a national basis; it happens everywhere.
cool

Post by cool »

I wonder if they have the same approach with their fruities
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Don't think so re fruities, check your PMs though.
grecian

Post by grecian »

I've come across one or two Paragons on £20 hopper setting although haven't been playing well or often enough (see other posts) for this to be a major issue in practice for me. I have heard reports from other players for whom it is posing a major problem.

It is clearly a pretty deplorable state of affairs. I thought that it was pretty tight when hoppers went down to about £50, given that a cabinet typically contains quite a number of games which between them would be capable of paying out well over £100 in theory. £20 just sounds ridiculous. This is outrightly unfair to the most talented pros who would be expecting that as a baseline amount per cabinet I suspect - and it is low enough to cause difficulties for more occasional players capable of winning £20 or £30 in a good session, or even a player who lucks out by finding a title on easy mode and wins a £20JP plus a few other bits and bobs.

Once again it's back to the player to have to register the unpaid amount at the bar and then chase several times for that etc. Not acceptable at all.
quizard

Post by quizard »

I suppose their view would be the vast majority of punters win very little and usually immediatly recycle what they have won. The type of punter who actually banks £20 pure profit and collects it represents such a small proportion of players they don't really care.
messiah

Post by messiah »

Rather than conspiracy, could it be that the operator simply does not believe that anyone could win more than £20 net?
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

What self respecting pro would bother with any of the games on the current sceptre manifest.

Surely the worst set of games ever put together on one screen....
quizard

Post by quizard »

messiah wrote:Rather than conspiracy, could it be that the operator simply does not believe that anyone could win more than £20 net?
No
cp999

Post by cp999 »

The operator knows EXACTLY what they are doing. And probably also that it is unethical. I have had some very interesting things said to me by friendly bar staff.
cool

Post by cool »

phoned up Sceptre the lady on the switchboard didnt even know what an SWP is and then put me through to 'the storekeeper'?!

He assured me that the float was £125 , at least thats what it used to be.