House of Tiny Treasures

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
messiah

Post by messiah »

QuizMaster wrote:
I play for fun - and playing another £1 through to get £5 isn't he most sensible approach. Well aware 40k only average - but i've not seen a better score round here.
It is if you're a hundred miles away in Shitville, Lincolnshire
Is it that time of month QM?
grecian

Post by grecian »

QuizMaster wrote:It is if you're a hundred miles away in Shitville, Lincolnshire
Trying to make us forget you're from Grantham, QM: viewtopic.php?t=6755
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Quizmaster has many bases. And personalities, depending on the time of the month.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

grecian wrote:
QuizMaster wrote:It is if you're a hundred miles away in Shitville, Lincolnshire
Trying to make us forget you're from Grantham, QM: viewtopic.php?t=6755
Good trip down memory lane that thread Grecian. I nipped in the Devereux on Wednesday to use the loo- I didnt have time to check out the gamesnet- I wonder if those old haunts are as tough as they used to be.

My American intern took £3 on his first cred out of the paragon in the Railway yesterday to my immense irritation- I had jjust explained to someone how it was potentially one of the hardest quiz machines to take money from in the entire country.
kat lee

Post by kat lee »

Me and my girlfriend have managed to score 89260 in one place. The best I've managed on my own so far is 61560.
sausagefingaz

Post by sausagefingaz »

89k! That's fairly impressive. I only ever play on my own as when people try to help it tends to distract me and slow me down. On my own my top score is 78500 ish.

#edit: the 89 wasn't on one of the national tournament was it? as that has a different scoring system. If on the regular local tournaments then I doubt I will ever be able to
touch that.
kat lee

Post by kat lee »

it was just on the normal game not the national one. everything just seemed to click that day and i doubt we'll ever be able to get that again. we've never managed to crack 80000 before or since although we've come close a few times. 78500 is very impressive for just one person.
kat lee

Post by kat lee »

Never thought we'd be able to beat that score but we have (just). Got 89970 on Friday. Bit gutted not to crack the 90000 mark but I know it's do-able now.
inquizitor

Post by inquizitor »

Has anyone come across this where the hi scores have been reset mid-tournament?
Twice now (on different machines) I've seen this happen.
Bit of a bugger when you're top, then suddenly you aren't.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Yeah happened to me, until I realised it was a different machine and operator..........Christ knows where the other one went.
sausagefingaz

Post by sausagefingaz »

Yup, has happened to me many times.
One place had a £50/200 games tournament which got to about 60 left before being reset to another 50/200 tournament. This new tournament got to about 100 games left before getting wiped again. The game is now in the depths of the back screens and gets no play.

So, 'they' have had 70 quid plus in plays and never had to pay out a prize. Nice little scam they have got going.

This is not an isolated case either as it seems to happen in around half of all the >£25 tournaments.

Often the tournament is reset with fake winners. You look to see if it has finished only to find that a new one has started and the past claimants screen shows several winners over several months. These are not real as you were the last winner. The machine has not changed and all the other games have the same scores.

I often wonder who the "guaranteed prize" is being awarded to as is certainly isn't anyone that has payed to play the game!
kat lee

Post by kat lee »

It's only happened to me once but just recently. Was top on a £25 pay out tournament with 74 games to go. Went back last week and it's now a £10 tournament with 42 games left. Looked in previous winners as well and none at all were showing. Don't know what happened to the £25 tournament previously. The machine looked the same as well.
kat lee

Post by kat lee »

Another thing that has annoyed me recently is the pub at the bottom of my street. There was a £10 tournament which should pay out after 50 games. As it is my local I pop in quite regularly and play a few games here and a few games there. I am the only person who plays Tiny Treasures on it but after months had managed to get it down to just 3 games left (spending £23.50). A few weeks ago the machine started playing up and in their wisdom they have decided to change it for a non Games Warehouse machine. Bye bye 20 odd quid for nothing and would have only had to spend £1.50 to get at least some of my money back. Wasn't best impressed with the pub to say the least!
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

I would imagine it's more to do with PC's being swapped between machines than a definite cheat. I was once quite proficient on the original Monopoly and would often find scores turning up that I knew for a fact hadn't been there the week before because they used to date stamp when the scores had been set. It turned out that the PC had been swapped from a depot and had a boat load of old scores on from some other pub halfway across the county.

You'd have thought that they would have thought about the potential for this happening. I must say Kat, If I was leading with 3 games to go and setting scores like 80,000+ I'd just take the money out. Can't imagine why anyone would waste 50p trying to beat you anyway.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Sounds to me like another case of Isty's favourite epigram: "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence" (Napoleon Bonaparte) i.e. this probably isn't a deliberate attempt to scam punters but the processes involved seemingly haven't been thought through sufficiently, meaning that the eventual outcome is often the same.