D.I.C.E not nice

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

D.I.C.E not nice

Post by cool »

nice looking machine but has never really expanded from a low base.

One of the reasons is the screen interface is totally shite, non responsive and often misaligned so that pressing a becomes b etc. I phoned my contact at Fat Spanner who said they were only the game manufacturers not the builder of the units and advised I should contact Barcrest.

Contacted them (Barcrest)and they said they were not allowed to talk to 'players'
Dickwits you give them free advice and they wont listen, however they will listen to a pub landlord who is unlikely (unless Dave) to be bothered enough to phone them.

The game that is most affected by Barcrest's shit screen is WordSoup although there are others. Anyone else experienced this.

Games Warehouse make hopeless games but at least they are amenable as are Fat Spanner.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Normally fine but I find these are very susceptible to getting ruined due to even a small drop of beer. I'll know...I was on it and someone shook me about as a scare...Didn't know I had a pint in hand and got a bit over the screen. The configuration moved about 3cm right after that.
paragoon

Re: D.I.C.E not nice

Post by paragoon »

cool wrote: Contacted them (Barcrest)and they said they were not allowed to talk to 'players'
:D :D :D
whiteswan

Post by whiteswan »

I honestly dont have this problem with my Hotwire.

But I do re-calibrate every Monday morning.

Dave
grecian

Post by grecian »

I won £5 on that Channel Four Pub Quiz game on an Open the other day - it wasn't even the JP (which was £ 8) , and I hadn't played well. Even so, it reverted to £1JP mode the very next go - very tight, escpailly for a £1 game, and an example of how Opens have gone downhill nowadays.