Secret Letter

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
fotherz

Secret Letter

Post by fotherz »

The secret is... its gash. :lol:
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

I saw this cack yesterday as well. I never thought I'd have a good word to say about Word Up, but come on, what the fuck is this shite?

If this is the best they can offer, I suggest Paragon gets rid of its 'Word Games' section in the same way that Open have got rid of their 'Games That You Can Win On' section, and itBox got rid of their 'Games That Can Load in Under a Minute' section.

Plus I haven't used the word 'cack' since I was about 11 but for some reason it seems appropriate for this piece of.....cack.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

Yes it's complete cackbabble. Totally disoerientating the way the word drops down and the letters rearrange. Seems to take ages too. Once and never again. Bit like that new bingo monstrosity and None Of The Above.
These games are embarrassingly bad.
civ77

Post by civ77 »

It is completely lacking in polish I agree, and the letters sliding into position whilst the timer keeps ticking is frustrating. However the concept is OK and is at least trying something a bit different.

Quizmaster, the handy thing with the word game section on Paragons is that you don't have to press it.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

would tend to agree that it is unbeautiful. that horrible grey attract icon is hardly alluring. and it doesn't pretend to stretch any word-skills by limiting demands to fours.
i do hope word up returns soon, even if it is the latest unfriendly version which is on gamesnet. mind you the gameplay on that is the weakest it has ever been.
nobody ever wins on those things.
mcd999

Post by mcd999 »

Once you get the hang of the thing, its not so bad. I watched some guy take a tenner out of it by just using letters already in the right columns cutting out all the time wasting while it shuffles about. AND at least it doesnt fill the screen with vowels and Qs when someones won a pound.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

mcd999 wrote:Once you get the hang of the thing, its not so bad. I watched some guy take a tenner out of it by just using letters already in the right columns cutting out all the time wasting while it shuffles about. AND at least it doesnt fill the screen with vowels and Qs when someones won a pound.
If I'd just joined a Quiz Machine forum, implying that I had an interest in such things, why on earth would the first and only post I make be about The Shitest Letter?

Answers on a postcard, please.

QM
(Official Spokesperson of the 'Bring Back Word Soup Because this Really is Shit Campaign)
danthedude66

Post by danthedude66 »

I agree with him, this game aint too bad. Make a tenner per unit, whats wrong with that?
i hate swede
mcd999

Quizmaster - Comment

Post by mcd999 »

Hey QM I joined years ago. But there's no mechanism to find a previous login-name. Is there?
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Yeah. It's called a pad and a pen.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

danthedude66 wrote:Make a tenner per unit, whats wrong with that?
Problem with that is it'll be gone in no time and there's no long-term potential.

Then again for this game maybe thats no bad thing.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Having just played this, I would agree that it looks like "My First Quiz Game". That said, the original "Deal or No its not a game of chance really its a 'Deal'" looked like it was done by a twelve year old, high on drugs. That did not stop it becoming a must play 'that game' type of thing, so what de we know?

On the other hand, the thing that it is a four letter word game seems very apt though.
"shit", "crap", and "toss" are my best words 4 letter words so far.
Oh, I'm so scared.
David Healy

Re: Quizmaster - Comment

Post by David Healy »

mcd999 wrote:Hey QM I joined years ago. But there's no mechanism to find a previous login-name. Is there?
(Return of dmac) It is
(Return of dmac) Come on
(Return of dmac) Oh my God
(You know that I'll be back) Here I am
(Return of dmac) Once again
(Return of dmac) Pump up the world
(Return of dmac) Watch my flow
(You know that I'll be back) Here I go

I could be wrong, but I reckon I'm not.