u guys shud try and get a team on eggheads

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
maverick69

u guys shud try and get a team on eggheads

Post by maverick69 »

that would be awsome, call yourself the fruitchatters......i would love to see u destroy them
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

online pokers not rigged u artard
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

JG wrote:Been discussed already, any half decent team gets the red light. The program is more rigged than on line poker apparently.
WHS.

I was part of a team that included two of the top 50 ranked quizzers in the country. Unfortunately we were all male, in our 40s, white and all in similar occupations plus we could play a bit.....thanks for applying but no thanks!
j2k7311

Post by j2k7311 »

I have seen teams before which have comprised people of exactly the same profession. They made a play on words of it with their team name which might have helped for the entertainment value.

Wouldn't be surprised that they block good teams though. There are certainly some weak links in the eggheads side - Pat and Kevin are the most formidable across the range of subjects imo.
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

j2k7311 wrote:I have seen teams before which have comprised people of exactly the same profession. They made a play on words of it with their team name which might have helped for the entertainment value.

Wouldn't be surprised that they block good teams though. There are certainly some weak links in the eggheads side - Pat and Kevin are the most formidable across the range of subjects imo.
Think both are ranked currently in the top 4
cool

Post by cool »

enjoyed it when two women defeated the eggheads team winning £29,000 recently.
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

Yep its been discussed on here a while ago.

Myself and 5 guys (you need a spare) had an audition about a year ago. All relatively good at general knowledge but in general, an average team.

There was a team of 6 guys at our audition who were incredibly clever and also a team of girls who were no older than about 24, who -with no disrespect meant to them - were only ever going to be able to answer questions on the latest issues of Heat or Hello.

Guess who was taken further on in the process....
Gogs

Post by Gogs »

if some people think its rigged and they only accept semi skilled quizzers, use your heads and act semi skilled, once you get on the show you can go in for the kill !!!
but i bet its not easy.....
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

we are all savvy enough to see through "eggheads". the crap shows and/or cerebral programmes are much more fun.

i auditioned for catchphrase when i was younger. i deliberately played badly and wore a costume but they still chose the pondlife.
that would have been great fun to do.

also missed out on countdown (when it was good; with DIRTY WHEELCHAIR) but i know a few posters have done that show; i'm jealous of that.

aside from supermarket sweep and only connect, there are very few shows i fancy, so my tv career has ended with humiliation on going for gold.
nobody ever wins on those things.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Isty, how about teaming up and we'll apply for Dave Spikey's Bullseye !
Roulette free since December 2011.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

is japseye still going?

wow.

in the spirit of hypocrisy, i'd love to do that show
nobody ever wins on those things.