Hex-tinct

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Hexpert

Hex-tinct

Post by Hexpert »

Hex Maniac is disappearing fast round these parts

It's there to start with but if you have 2 wins on the trot, it's gone when you go back to the Word Games screen

And today, we had a £10JP from PMP and collected it and then the machine went into coin reject mode

The playing field is starting to look very uneven!
tonkarentino

Re: Hex-tinct

Post by tonkarentino »

Hexpert wrote:Hex Maniac is disappearing fast round these parts

It's there to start with but if you have 2 wins on the trot, it's gone when you go back to the Word Games screen

And today, we had a £10JP from PMP and collected it and then the machine went into coin reject mode

switch it off and back on again....with the bar staffs permission of course
BigEd

Re: Hex-tinct

Post by BigEd »

Hexpert wrote:Hex Maniac is disappearing fast round these parts

I'd guess that they would argue that The playing field is starting to look very even.

You can win, but they can refuse to allow you to play.
Oh, I'm so scared.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

wonder if they'll ever design a machine that'll freeze up and not take your money if you put rather alot in?
j2k7311

Post by j2k7311 »

Thought recent changes were in the interest of fairness and equality. Seems bit out of order if game vanishes when ya win!
masterful

Post by masterful »

this is the problem now they are connected to the internet..........they can do ANYTHING.........and there is nothing you can do about it!

UNFAIR OR WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

guys, it might be an idea to consider the bigger picture here. ffs.
the games don't exist so you can have a week in spain.
if a given title is untenable, i think it is quite right that the HQ can pull it, it is a minor irritant but just think, if your only option was playing an open it would indeed be a bleak midwinter. :roll:
nobody ever wins on those things.
j2k7311

Post by j2k7311 »

Unfortunately I've never had the problem whereby I've won so much a game is pulled lol

I suppose there has to be some protection for them but seems a bit unfair to the skilled player who puts in a winning performance or two that he can't continue to play afterwards. I just feel it defeats the object of offering the game for unobjective participation in the first place.

Not having a rant, I just think it negates the idea of cultivating playing 'skill' if there is then a threshold enforced upon the level of skill you can exhibit.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

if you are good enough, greedy enough and have a micron of patience. just go next door.

but that also defeats the object. yes, there have been and are games which underestimate the attainable skill of player X (notwithstanding learning which is a different matter). my view is that a game of skill should be challenging. if it is too easy it is no longer a game. imo any game should include an element of enjoyment; otherwise it becomes a task.
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Istenem wrote:guys, it might be an idea to consider the bigger picture here. ffs.

:lol:
Gogs

even it up

Post by Gogs »

even it up, buy a crowbar, and it can shut down as many games as it wants and it can dial home as frantically as it wants while you empty the contents with a mobile phone jammer in your inside pocket, can you imagine the damn thing, help theft, help theft, help theft. LOL.
i remember breaking into a fruit machine in the eighties, after hours of course, there was about 800 quid in it, considering it was about 50p a pint or thereabouts i was stinking rich, aah the good old days without security gone forever. if you broke in to a pub now you would have the army, mi5 navy, cia, fbi, cid, crime squad, and local cops stopping every car in the district and checking it was legal just to get a 60 quid fine, all the while the pub alarm was blaring in the distance. :lol:
Frank Duval

Post by Frank Duval »

guys, it might be an idea to consider the bigger picture here. ffs.
I rarely get a week in spain and I spend 10s of thousands of pounds a year investing in upgrades and new machines :roll:
this is the problem now they are connected to the internet..........they can do ANYTHING.........and there is nothing you can do about it!

UNFAIR OR WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
A very small percentage of machines are now "connected to the internet" since the demise of ItBox. and even if they were, what's the internet got against you. I thought it was a neverending collection of crap for people to waste there time on when they should be working.

It really is quite simple...

People like me spend money on machines and work hard to earn a living from them.

The manufacturers of the machines and games make machines and games for people like me to to make a living from.

I make a living from people wanting to put a few quid in my machines to have a bit of fun with their mates in the pub and maybe win a few quid to have another game or reward themselves with a pint.

Everybody that works in the industry from manufacturing to collecting the money from the cash box like me, are not doing it out of the goodness of there hearts. It's a business.

The manufacturers don't money, they don't make any more machines.

They don't make any more machines, I have nothing to buy.

I have nothing to buy you don't have a machine to play.

Everybody loses.

Tell me if I'm going to fast.
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

Tonkarentino likes this.... :)
messiah

Post by messiah »

If machines were made 'fair' a lot of people would win, or nobody would win. Either way nobody would play, as the machines would be removed,

A few people (mostly people are on the forum) are onto a good thing as they have spotted the cracks in the system.

We don't have special powers. What we have is a modicum of talent. A modicum of practice. And mostly a love of winning against the odds.

If the machines were made 'fair' overall, what would happen is that they would cease to make money and disappear from pubs. If the machines were 'fairer', more people would put the effort to learn the required skills, and more people would be playing to make money, not to have fun.

Me? I do both - a little bit of money, but mostly for the challenge of coming out up, and by how much.

That is why I don't rock the boat, and take the rough with the smooth. For example:

e.g. 1

Rough
Machine short paying twice today by £1 on each occasion (and it wasn't in the mechanism, as wins were taken afterwards).

Smooth
Machine short payed only when paying out decent wins, and I'm happy enough walking away from a night having had 3 pints in central London and being £6 up after taking off beer money.

e.g 2
Rough
Machine has 'hopper error' when trying to pay ou £5. Pub unsurprisingly neglects to ring despite landlord appearing a nice chap.

Smooth
Machine paid out £10 20 minutes before it mysteriously had a hopper error
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i'm intrigued by this Messiah chap, he obviously knows his stuff and has a good understanding of the broader picture.

but who is the man behind the pseudonym? does anyone have info about Messiah's handel?