Battleships

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
steveseagull

Battleships

Post by steveseagull »

I was playing this the other day (the newish one with the next game bonus) and it was seriously buzzing. First game was a fail but then i was awarded 'extra bonuses' for the next. Only needing to find 3 ships i got through to the cash round easily.

Using my theory of selecting small clumps of squares and then moving to a different part of the grid, i accumulated 5.10 and then a x2! Damn near slipped of my stool and slammed the collect icon. Nice i thought, 10.20 in the bank. Then it showed the whole grid as it does and, blow me, there were NO MINES on it!
I tried it again and got to the cash round once more (this time it was a battle). I got to 3.40 then hit a mine for 30p so my previous experience was a one off.

Has anybody else had this? Did i screw up by accepting the 10.20? Does this prove the 50jp is gettable (if v.v.v. rare and a nod to HM C&E)?
In Gustavo Augusto Poyet Dominguez we trust.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Most I've ever had out of this is £37. I've found that the best stategy is never to collect, otherwise you'll always get cold feet and end up with £3.20, or whatever your stopping point is.

Still bent when it wants to be though. I've had a few only give me a £1.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
steveseagull

Post by steveseagull »

How did you get 37 quid QM?
In Gustavo Augusto Poyet Dominguez we trust.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

I think I got 3 x 2's in there. Picked up a lifeboat at £37. As I recall I got to £37.80 before hitting a mine.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday