Crystal Maze

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
darren

Crystal Maze

Post by darren »

The end game is a bit too fixed, how can you possibly get 70gold tickets when theres only 70 flying around? Even with all 8 crystals you are pretty much guarenteed to grab a silver somewhere. Can GWHL honestly say over all the units they have sited in the uk that a single one has paid a 'jackpot'?

I very much doubt it, but would like to be proved wrong.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

theres a post about this somewhere, even if you get all the crystals and practice the gold ones float ontop of silver ones and you cant get them...
foxy

Post by foxy »

i think spyder may be referring to a wee rant i had about this a while back.i would be astonished if anyone ever took the £50 despite there appearing to be enough gold available. i gave in after my 20th or so attainment of 68/69 despite what i thought was a pretty flawless attempt and with gold still left on the screen.even at lower prize levels there is an astonishing discrepancy by how you think you've done(well me anyway!) and what your ultimate score is.other things to watch out for include the mysterious just falling short at say £10 for a few goes and then suddenly getting a tally of 70 or over on the next go.ok so you win the tenner but suddenly the 50 seems so acheivable...and back to the start.finally the erratic way the counting seems to move when you think you've won compared to the nice smooth count when you have actually won is deeply strange or have i just become entrapped in an o'brien dysfunctional tangle of paranoia?
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

anfield road

Post by anfield road »

had 8 crystals twice and 7 about 10 have gone for £50 every time with 30+ seconds and have had 69 about 10 times and a few 68s rigged to death
justice For The 96
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Ed Tudor-Pole. What a legend! Good song too. 8)

I'm also thinking the £50 surely can't be had. The game has totally obvious reads of when its ready etc, when it gets into pay mode i just play for the £10. I've had 70-77 tickets going for the £10 before with more golds left over, which as you say, makes you think that £50 is gettable. But going for the £50 it'd just put less golds about, or add a few sneaky silvers on to rig you just below the £50. Anyone had it?
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Ah, the Tudor-Pole had a pub near me breifly (shut down now, lol).

I've not tried the game yet, but as suggested, I'd imagine it's hugely rigged - with such a high jackpot available, I can't see how it couldn't be - especially to stick to ~30%. :(
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

It could be payable, i mean royales dished out £40s all over the place....it'd just be awful afterwards for endless amounts. It's just too big a jump from £10 to £50, maybe making an achievable £25 JP would have been a better ploy.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

Anyone else getting RSI from playing this? :|
Reminds me of playing Track and field on the playstation all the button bashing.
Aww, how'd you feel?!