SWP player breaking cover

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
cool

Post by cool »

funny you should say that.My parents were in Liverpool recently.Guy came into the pub with a heavy rucksack,took the fruity apart then scarpered.You would think that the presence of a rucksack full of booty would draw attention.

I hate people watching me play the machines , even friends and family.If I get approached by barstaff/manager I am quite happy to talk about my pursuits. If I get approached by anybody else unless they the body and brains of a page 3 model (seen the daily quotes attributed to them!) they get short thrift.I managed to even put a picture of my favourite page 3 model into the photo round of a quiz I was hosting.It got a laugh when I told the astounded audience of 60 or so people that her surname was Banghard (from Bedford). I particularly find it annoying when what is obviously a fellow pro (happens very rarely nowadays) sidles up to me and pretends that I am their best mate.Er no you are my competition now f*uck off!!!!!
Scott

Post by Scott »

I don't like to be watched when i'm playing a fruit machine, which is why i give this guy a wide berth now, i respect his space and best of luck to him.
Cobwebs 👆
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

cool wrote:A rare token of humility from quizmaster who seems to suggest that he is not at the top of the tree . I make a pretty poor living from the machines nowadays but it is easy to confuse income and ability. Paddy spooner was pretty Shit at machines but in the nineties he made a fortune from adders . This guy appears to have beaten one game like brewis. So what.
I suffered from the same problem as this guy in that all my eggs were in the Pub Quiz basket. It took me ages to crack that bank but my principle was always based on the fact that because it was such a gargantuan task, I would have it all to myself. I'd have gotten away with it as well if it hadn't been for the Bristol guy, who I never tracked down, but he was into Pub Quiz as well and didn't know when to stop. It's always amazed me that players can have the intelligence and application to dedicate themselves to learning a whole question set, but the stupidity to take so much money out of a game that's it's obvious to all

Since the death of Pub Quiz I'm back to scraps and starting again, although not sure whether I've got the inclination to pursue it through this time.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

Scott wrote:Lol, yeah, never seen him without it, got a right swede on him too, needs it carrying all that knowledge around.
ive seen him all over the north, he's ok with me now ive seen him so much. i leave him too it
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

cool wrote:A rare token of humility from quizmaster who seems to suggest that he is not at the top of the tree . I make a pretty poor living from the machines nowadays but it is easy to confuse income and ability. Paddy spooner was pretty Shit at machines but in the nineties he made a fortune from adders . This guy appears to have beaten one game like brewis. So what.
So what? Well how come the other week Eliminator came back on the Gamesnet in the easier original format (with three lives instead of two). Now myself and obviously others were straight out JPing it and within a week it was gone.
Presumably any other game which folk were earning £50 an hour from would be got rid of immediately.
Most of the endgames have been skewed totally in favour of the machine. I can't see how The Colour Of Money could be a guaranteed one - the endgame is very random. Plus it would take ages.
By Any Means also goes into ridiculous modes some where the JP is only a quid.
DOND offers £4 JPs where it used to be £20. Bullseye have changed their endgame so you can basically go back to the start.
On top of all that to be on £50 an hour you're relying on the machine paying out without hassle and enough pubs with enough working machines in.
For me, I've done that but the conditions have had to be absolutely perfect - a new town, a new issue of the games and getting there before some pros come and done it already.
cool

Post by cool »

we seem to be agreeing.Any game which is being ransacked is quickly removed nowadays.Perhaps he has cornered a game where nobody has thought feasible and therefore taking a jackpot out of each machine or bits and pieces equivalent to the jackpot saves the game from being removed.I used to concentrate on one or two games but with rapid change I think the jack of all trades approach results in a more even income than by making a fortune then being left high and dry.Quizmaster raises a very good point about intelligent people who empty machines : they are either greedy or lazy.My good friend Wolfy (friend of dont tell them Pike) spoke to me about the article having read it and suggests that there are glaring contradictions and statements that are patently untrue.Strangely too the article doesnt have an author. And still we dont know the game - how about the guy that came across him in action revealing it- if its what I think it is I wont be trying to learn it. Apparently the blocking questions relate in part to the directors of episodes of american sitcoms, sounds familiar?
cp999

Post by cp999 »

cool wrote:we seem to be agreeing.Any game which is being ransacked is quickly removed nowadays.Perhaps he has cornered a game where nobody has thought feasible and therefore taking a jackpot out of each machine or bits and pieces equivalent to the jackpot saves the game from being removed.I used to concentrate on one or two games but with rapid change I think the jack of all trades approach results in a more even income than by making a fortune then being left high and dry.Quizmaster raises a very good point about intelligent people who empty machines : they are either greedy or lazy.My good friend Wolfy (friend of dont tell them Pike) spoke to me about the article having read it and suggests that there are glaring contradictions and statements that are patently untrue.Strangely too the article doesnt have an author. And still we dont know the game - how about the guy that came across him in action revealing it- if its what I think it is I wont be trying to learn it. Apparently the blocking questions relate in part to the directors of episodes of american sitcoms, sounds familiar?
I thought I had revealed it, by implication at least. It is Colour of Money. I assume the article is self-written, hence no name.
cool

Post by cool »

Thought So! Aha that was a rumour that was going around for quiet a while.Perfectly feasible for somebody to learn this game now I understand why he wears an anorak although I suppose its just the same as learning Gillingham managers / earliest episodes of etc
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

cp999 wrote:I thought I had revealed it, by implication at least. It is Colour of Money. I assume the article is self-written, hence no name.
Ah I see. Hadn't realised TCOM had a finite number of questions and the game's always seemed too long and boring for me. Strange he mentions in his article that the newest games delete themselves if you win too much and how he 'must have killed hundreds' - yet TCOM seems to be on most machines I see.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

One of the machines I can still get cash rounds on is TCOM. And I'm not really anything special at quizzers.

It's not a patch on MPD though. Love that game.
grecian

Post by grecian »

Thought I'd break cover to post to reset my account. I saw this story too and found it interesting. I'm impressed the guy has done well on 'The Colour Of Money' as it's not a game I've ever had much joy on (maybe that's because people were out there smashing it from the word go). I assume they've tweaked the gameplay in some way to neutralise this guy's efforts which is why he's broken cover, although I still don't fully understand that - why not wait and see if other do-able games come out and retain anonymity?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

there's a short piece in The Sun today about the bloke labelled by the writer(copy and paster) as an exclusive and claiming that t.c.o.m guy makes 60k a year.
cool

Post by cool »

Yes I was tipped off this morning.What a knob.Its strange how the Sun highlights non-stories such as this.The only good thing that might come of this is that there may be an upsurge in the generally populace in playing (and losing) on the machines.Unfortunately my photo is forever preserved on the internet, but at least I did it for the right reasons and downplayed what I actually made from them! (although its literally the truthe now!)
Scott

Post by Scott »

Surely the quiz machines pro's are not very happy about this? Talk about bringing it on top, what an idiot!!!
Cobwebs 👆
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Scott wrote:Surely the quiz machines pro's are not very happy about this? Talk about bringing it on top, what an idiot!!!
People have done it before. I never understand why. For me money beats 15 minutes of fame everytime.