Caesars Palace

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I guess if any of us were overly bothered - you could 'technically' get past every sum / coin game.

I think it's been pointed out, but the ways this game protects itself appears to be:

1. Spoiler sums / coin games (put that multi-purpose mobile phone away!)
2. Lack of keys.
3. No lives / hints.
4. Holding back the 'next level' arrows until all squares have been completed.
5. 'Blooping' (C)JG back to Game Over immediately...

;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

grecian wrote:
tonkarentino wrote:
ming wrote:i cleared all squares yesterday to reveal only 4 keys to which i was a bit pissed as every sword had 6 on,every coins went no further than 4 and grapes was at its easiest and i thought it could be a £20 board so to speak, so when i only got 4 keys i gamble up to the top level where it hit £15, so i collected.
this must be rare but to only have 4 keys must mean that it gives boards with only 1,2 or 3 when stone dead.
That is unusual in my experience. Have seen plenty of "dead" boards where either only 2/3/4 keys offered or most likely the game does you with a ridiculous sum etc. after only a few moves before the hints are available. I guess the hints/extra lives will be few and far between on such a board. For this reason alone I think it would be virtually impossible to empty C.P. in anything like a decent time if at all.
Mine too, although I do occasionally see boards where I feel the game has given me one less than the "par" number of keys going by difficulty of sub-games etc. Most usually that's where I'm playing what feels like a six-key game and only get given five, but I've heard a couple of instances of a four-key game (the only four-key games I've had personally were where the going was already quite tough).

I'm impressed that you are able to play on on a truly dead board past the first key Tonka - when the game's utterly dead I nearly always get an impossible sum or coin game either shortly before or after the first key. Do you mean to say that, even in dead mode, you can complete a board?
I wish! No I cannot! On a couple of occasions I've managed to get somewhere close with only 2/3/4 keys. As I suspect others have found I get done early on by a 14 coin change or a sum that has 3 or more constituent parts with no hints or extra lives. I firmly believe they are a "one-hit" machine with the ability to pick up £10.00 + which kaputs the chances of winning more.
ming

Post by ming »

a first for me today, i took the cash round on 0 keys as i had ran out of lives/hints and it gave me the slow pick all the way for £20. Mad as this is the only time ive had a £20 and i normally push for extra keys
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Good show. As Kevin Costner said as Eliot Ness in The Untouchables, sometimes you just need to be there when the wheel turns and the wheel certainly turned for you there!