World Masters Darts

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

Mattb wrote: No, it's because they are shit. Other quiz machines get bad games turn up and swiftly go as they don't get played.....dice etc get shit games put on, and they just stay there for eternity. that DOND rip off is a pure example of how bad these games are. Poor games made by poor companies who can't afford anything better.
LMJ Matt. any dictionary will say that a given "game" should have an element of amusement.
on the current open menu, the only games i'd play with any enjoyment are word soup, monsters of rock, eliminator and bakers dozen (if the sound is on). my favourite pub has one at the moment and it never gets played. the games are clumsy, slow and ugly. the questions' difficulty levels are way off and there are several problems with credit and payout malfunction.

throughput of paragon vs open wouldn't bear comparison.
nobody ever wins on those things.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Istenem wrote:on the current open menu, the only games i'd play with any enjoyment are word soup, monsters of rock, eliminator and bakers dozen (if the sound is on).
bakers dozen?

For Fun?

With the sound on?

Bakers Dozen?

The one that is on Open?

Bakers..... Dozen....?

That One?

For FUN?

I'd rather slam my dick in a door than play that kind of thing. You're just wierd.
Oh, I'm so scared.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

scraping the barrel, i know. if i was at home i'd watch the hovis advert on youtube with almost as much enjoyment.

also, nice turn of phrase Ed with the door analogy, i shall be using that one. :)
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

in the spirit of going way, way off topic: the christmas advert for john lewis (with the soundtrack of 'she's always a woman to me'). is one of the most wonderful 90 seconds of television i have ever seen; without fail it sends me into floods of tears.
ImpartialBernard

Post by ImpartialBernard »

Small door?
Frank Duval

Post by Frank Duval »

bakers dozen?

For Fun?

With the sound on?

Bakers Dozen?

The one that is on Open?

Bakers..... Dozen....?

That One?

For FUN?

I'd rather slam my dick in a door than play that kind of thing. You're just wierd.
Again I ask the question “is because you are pro player and they don’t pay out as well as Games warehouse machines” because of all the open machines I operate on many sites there is always one or more true or false games amongst the top.

As far as Mattb’s comment...
No, it's because they are shit. Other quiz machines get bad games turn up and swiftly go as they don't get played.....dice etc get shit games put on, and they just stay there for eternity. that DOND rip off is a pure example of how bad these games are. Poor games made by poor companies who can't afford anything better.
I’ve got 3 dice machines and they are the best performing machines I have so again I’m interested to know why you dislike them so much as you’re obviously in the minority.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

I'm not a pro player, and I lose more than I win, so my question is, "Why would you play Bakers Dozen for fun when there are so many better games to play, like Star Wars on the same box?"

Saying that, I was in a pub in Sheffield, and I saw Jarvis Cocker playing Bakers Dozen. He got to the prize round. He saw how bad the endgame was, and he simply walked off saying that the game was only for the Common People.
Oh, I'm so scared.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

If they were that good then they would be the number one quiz machine in pubs around the UK. Fact is they aren't....and in the same way ITboxes have more or less gone down the pan as they are slow, uncalibrated and unresponsive...these don't cut the mustard and don't have mass uptake.

At least Paragons (which are everywhere now) give you a nice big screen, quick responses and a usually accurate screen calibration.

I have no reason to favour one or the other or be biased, as my main interest is in where my main money comes from, which is fruit machines rather than SWP....but i'm quite a brainy chap and like to play them as and when, and in my personal experience they just aren't very good.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Duval from the south west?????
Frank Duval

Post by Frank Duval »

Duval from the south west?????
About 15 miles from WSM
thecannonball89

Russel??
Frank Duval

Post by Frank Duval »

Weston-Super-Mare, home of the best pier in the world :lol:
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

out of all the darts game on SWP ever, this has to be in the bottom one.
thecannonball89

Istenem wrote:out of all the darts game on SWP ever, this has to be in the bottom one.
Bully just darts?
BFK

Post by BFK »

Nice smoke screen attempt Jack.