How old to play?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
K_Oranj

Post by K_Oranj »

We should all know the answer to this by now. (On an incidental note, I swp with my kids down the snooker club no problems.)

Then again laws change. I'm sometimes not sure if I'm legally allowed to fart anymore.
roberto la vigna

Post by roberto la vigna »

K_Oranj wrote:I'm sometimes not sure if I'm legally allowed to fart anymore.
Only if you can offset it.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

<chortle> :lol:
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
grecian

Post by grecian »

quizard wrote:I also cited "How to develop a perfect memory" by Dominic O'Brien which as far as I am aware is the only book that discusses playing quiz machines professionally. But these links have long since been removed.
There's also this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beat-Machines-H ... 0951667203 - I've never read it although a friend bought it back in about 1999 (I suspect he is the guy who reviewed it on Amazon). Anyone know who "AAA" is?
K_Oranj

Post by K_Oranj »

roberto la vigna wrote:Only if you can offset it.
Ah yes, something to do with a 'carbum fartprint' I hear.

You beat me with that book link grecian.

Oleg Stepasupernova?
Sol Per|haps?
Advanced Alien Automaton?

I know it's NOT Henry the janitor.
cool

Post by cool »

AN APOLOGY! I STAND CORRECTED
contacted the gambling commission today.I was told that swp's are classed as a game of skill and that the gambling commission allow local authorities make up their own rules.
Then contacted Southampton City Council. Was told as swp's are a game of skill they allow publicans to make up their own rules.
Therefore, it is not against the law for an under 18yr old to play a quiz machine.If a publican boots a kid off his machine its the publicans right but is not the law.
However other licensing authorities may not be so accomodating!

I also had my customary go at the GC and local council.I asked Southampton City Council that as it is against the law to play fruit machines in pubs do they operate stings against pubs.I said that it was total bollocks and Id bet that they had never prosecuted a single publican over allowing underage gambling.
I was told to write in under the fredom of information act and their legal department would consider it.Im not trying to make it harder for the publicans just showing the law as it stands in relation to gambling in pubs is nonsense.A child is going to lose whether a game is classed as a game of skill or not.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Cheers Cool, good to have this clarified. As for your approach to under-age AWP-ing, will be interesting to see if they respond (if indeed, you pursue).
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

cool wrote:AN APOLOGY! I STAND CORRECTED
contacted the gambling commission today.I was told that swp's are classed as a game of skill and that the gambling commission allow local authorities make up their own rules.
Then contacted Southampton City Council. Was told as swp's are a game of skill they allow publicans to make up their own rules.
Therefore, it is not against the law for an under 18yr old to play a quiz machine.If a publican boots a kid off his machine its the publicans right but is not the law.
However other licensing authorities may not be so accomodating!

I also had my customary go at the GC and local council.I asked Southampton City Council that as it is against the law to play fruit machines in pubs do they operate stings against pubs.I said that it was total bollocks and Id bet that they had never prosecuted a single publican over allowing underage gambling.
I was told to write in under the fredom of information act and their legal department would consider it.Im not trying to make it harder for the publicans just showing the law as it stands in relation to gambling in pubs is nonsense.A child is going to lose whether a game is classed as a game of skill or not.
I think that you've got issues. Were you the subject of a 'Bully ramming' at School?
Oh, I'm so scared.
cool

Post by cool »

you will have to expand on what it is :?