splash the cash

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Istenem

splash the cash

Post by Istenem »

first played this in the wild today. i liked it at ATEI and i still like it.
it is a great game imo. i realise it is gimmicky and frivolous but so am i. it is a nice touch that you have different ponds to fish in with different fishes. i rarely play gamesnets because there are so few in London, didn't get past £3 but it strikes me that the gameplay is similar to HB/CC. a little cash spent in production should be welcomed.
a couple of stills of beardo and occasional soundbites which get in the way of the game are just lazy, rushed programming.
nobody ever wins on those things.
grecian

Re: splash the cash

Post by grecian »

Istenem wrote:first played this in the wild today. i liked it at ATEI and i still like it.
it is a great game imo. i realise it is gimmicky and frivolous but so am i. it is a nice touch that you have different ponds to fish in with different fishes. i rarely play gamesnets because there are so few in London, didn't get past £3 but it strikes me that the gameplay is similar to HB/CC. a little cash spent in production should be welcomed.
a couple of stills of beardo and occasional soundbites which get in the way of the game are just lazy, rushed programming.
I've played this a fair bit notwithstanding the general lack of GamesNets in the capital. It's never going to pay the mortgage (IMHO) but a fiver is very possible. The gameplay is fine and the questions put one in mind of an easier Pub Quiz. I'm not sure I see the similarity with Hell's Bells or Capers though.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

one of the reasons i like it is... is because i think the questions are pretty simple until it says that you are nuzzling on the witch's tit. i'm happy enough with £3 from a Q&A game, joe blow is overjoyed.
re. my clumsy CC/HB metaphor; the questions seem secondary to the silly task you have to do to get there. yes, it doubles the time of the game but mug punters like all that nonsense

there is no reason for the above text being blue but it is a frippery which i enjoy.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

and while we are on fishes, i find it very interesting that the plural of most fish is the same as the singular. i don't know why but would like to.
tench + tench = tench
killifish+ killifish = killifish
salmon + salmon = salmon
sprat +sprat = sprat
stickleback + stickleback = stickleback
tunny + tunny = tunny
cod + cod = cod
turbot + turbot = turbot
smelt + smelt = smelt
bream + bream = bream
red snapper + red snapper = red snapper
piranha + piranha = piranha
wrasse + wrasse = wrasse
rudd + rudd = rudd
pike + pike = pike
goldfish + goldfish = goldfish
carp + carp = carp
ayu + ayu = ayu
eel + eel = eel
herring + herring = herring
tuna + tuna = tuna
but sardine + sardine = sardines
boo.
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Jellied eels? 8)
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

It's just an underwater quizvaders isn't it? Same sort of payout etc.
darcle

Post by darcle »

Istenem wrote: sprat +sprat = sprat
Isnt the plural of sprat, sprats, just like sardines? Maybe im just wrong? :?