ITBox update - Heads Up Texas Holdem

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

I don't really understand from reading this.

Does any strategy come into it?? Will a skilled player have an advantage over a random player?
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

there is strategy, yes. partly game strategy but also agile mental gymnastics working out where the flushes etc. upset the order of hi pair, two pair, 3OAC. also spotting the royal flush when it drops by will net you a cheeky purple one. i am honing my strategy so not up to speed yet.

in basic terms you have at least one free hand each round where you know your cards, opponent's cards and the community cards, you can't lose.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Aye potentially more than 1 per round UP. You get the deal at the start and then skillshot each time the blinds go up.

I have trouble tracking who's deal it is and therefore sometimes deal the opponent poket rockets :o ops:
Properpro

Post by Properpro »

A fellow player, who can be trusted, has told me he had a £20 return on this game, can anybody else confirm such a good result?
ob

Post by ob »

roberto la vigna wrote:It takes a long, long time to get through your 50p on this one.
lol aint that the truth (allbeit on £1 not 50p).... It's a great idea, and I too appluad it...
grecian

Post by grecian »

Played this for the first time this lunchtime. What I know about poker mostly comes from books by Anthony Holden, Al Alvarez etc. - I've hardly ever played with others, and it shows.

However: £2 in (i.e. reinvested £1 during the game), £5 out, which is a positive result on a first play in a busy pub. I wonder what percentage this pays out at, and how it can afford to give hit-and-hopers like me £5 first off (maybe I just got lucky).

It offered me a chance to buy more chips for £1 in the £10 round but my lunch break was up so I declined! Would that have been worth it I wonder?

Not at all up on any of the subtleties of this yet, and not sure I'll really bother, as I suspect I won't have the skill advantage over Joe Public that's needed to win consistently on a game. I totally agree that the prospect of IBs being monopolised by meatheads playing this one is unappetising. A further step in the unwelcome extension of the word "skills" from pure quiz skills alone.
quizard

Post by quizard »

Drpepper wrote:I don't really understand from reading this.

Does any strategy come into it?? Will a skilled player have an advantage over a random player?
I would say actual poker skills are of negligible use in this game. The skill in SWP in this case is in memorising/photoing of the deck and then working out the optimum position to start the deal and then dropping your skill shot on it. Presumably when it doesn't want to pay out any more there won't be any position where you can win or it will force you to start from position where you can't win.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

This game is getting on my tits already.

I've had a couple of £5 wins since I am a fairly reasonable poker player, but I don't see much long term benefit of it in terms of reward since it's one of those where anybody with a rudimentary grasp of poker can become good quite quickly.

It's getting on my tits because I went on one of my usual rounds yesterday and only managed to get on 3 bastard machines out of 10 in the middle of the fucking day. I'd expect this to happen on a Friday night (which is why I don't play then) but not in the middle of a fucking wet Thursday.

Sooner it dies the better.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
grecian

Post by grecian »

QuizMaster wrote: It's getting on my tits because I went on one of my usual rounds yesterday and only managed to get on 3 bastard machines out of 10 in the middle of the fucking day. I'd expect this to happen on a Friday night (which is why I don't play then) but not in the middle of a fucking wet Thursday.
Ominous stuff QM, very ominous.
sausagefingaz

Post by sausagefingaz »

so nobody has had the problem of the machine resetting when you get past the tenner round then? Twice now it has just exited the game, no prizes or credit. Nice to know its not possible to get a jackpot,.....skill!!
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Although if it does appear on other platforms, then it mean that these machines hang about longer, albeit with people on them all the time playing poker. Many pubs now have 2 or more it-boxes these days.

I played it the other night, and won 2 notes for getting past the 3rd guy. Yet next game he (or on this occasion, she) was only offering 1 pound for her doing over.

So does this work to some sort of percentage as well as being true skill?
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Something I noticed, when the Royal Flush pot is up over the £21 mark, the prizes offered round-by-round seem to be so much better - ie. beating the Round 3 opponent can be £3 instead of £1, the Round 6 opponent is £30 not £10, etc.

I found one Itbox the other day where the Royal Flush pot was only £16 and the Round 4 opponent was a measly £2 prize, £10 for Round 6, £20 for Round 7 and £50 for Round 8.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Played this last night. Royal flush pot was only £11 but I won £2 for beating player 3. Can't see this lasting long as my £1 lasted a good 15 mins and seemed very easy to reach player 4.
Plus it's nice of them to let you collect the £2 just as your running out of chips :D
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Won a score on this earlier, god did it take ages tho!
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

Had a couple of fivers today - one of them really should have been a tenner (big chip lead).

Wonder if anyone's took a fifty yet.

I can't seem to figure out the deal - sometimes you get the first card, but sometimes it's the opponent - the wheel seems to be dealt in opposite directions too. Anyone shed light on this?