Bamboozle

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
explayer

Bamboozle

Post by explayer »

ok , a guilty pleasure / obsession but who elses plays this on Channel 4 teletext every day to set themselves up for playing the Quiz machines? - i must admit 12/12 is a rare event for me and 10 is usually a pretty decent score - for those who dont know what i am talking about , page 390 on C4 is a daily quiz with 12 often difficult questions about a variety of subjects - i bet a few here play it like me , often a good score seems to be the prelude to a good day in the pubs :D ( and vice versa :( )
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Does bamboozle still run?! Good old Bamber and Buster Boozler! I used to play this eons ago when i was younger and teletext was much more prevalent than it is today.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

me too :o ops: i'd play it in the second break of the big breakfast before going to school. my black and white set is kaput so i can't hit it now for old times's sake. pity.
nobody ever wins on those things.
JG

Post by JG »

Me as well. So annoying if you've got crap general knowledge, waiting for Q1,4,7,10 to load up all over again.
explayer

Post by explayer »

this is really sad , but i do have a tip for speeding up the gameplay! - when you opt for an answer you can tell by the page number that appears in the top left corner whether it is right or wrong , if you are wrong then you can find the right answer before it makes you go back to Q4 , 7 or 10 - obviously we still know what our true score is , but it avoids the extra questions and the waiting so a game only takes 5-10 minutes
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

Took me ages to find the reveal button on the remote for the extra point when you got a question wrong.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Cant believe this i still around- big group of us always used to go back to a mates room in halls of residence every morning to get our fix. Your talking more than 15 years ago :shock:
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

explayer wrote:this is really sad , but i do have a tip for speeding up the gameplay! - when you opt for an answer you can tell by the page number that appears in the top left corner whether it is right or wrong , if you are wrong then you can find the right answer before it makes you go back to Q4 , 7 or 10 - obviously we still know what our true score is , but it avoids the extra questions and the waiting so a game only takes 5-10 minutes
on to.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
stuart4010

Post by stuart4010 »

There's also a pattern in the colours for the answers in groups of 3 (I think).
grecian

Post by grecian »

Sad but amusing discussion - used to pit my wits against Bamber Boozler from about 1993 to 1995, but grew out of it soon after...!