quiz machine £1 dond

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
redder

quiz machine £1 dond

Post by redder »

just got back in after a night on the tiles and whilst out i stumbled upon a quiz machine with a dond game for a £1 a go.
never actually got to play it as some studenty muppets were playing double vision all night.

just really wanted to ask because it aint an itbox, if the dond game at £40 jackpot is the same as the itbox version and if its as generous as the other

cheers folks
tootat

Post by tootat »

firstly, i wouldn't say the dond £1 play version is very generous but then again even the itbox's round here aren't all that generous.

only have one but must admit me and the mates trounce the double vision anyhow :D

easy enough when thers a couple of you :wink:
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

Utter garbage!
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

The £1 a go version is on the large oval Gamesnets and I'd say it's very similar to the Itbox 50p version, in the sense that if you can win on that you'll be able to win on the Gamesnet version. The Gamesnet also has the standard 50p/£20 option, although if you've played DOND at all regularly you'll know that the £20 Jackpot is basically pie in the sky. Any prize below that is however achievable.
swych

Post by swych »

Nil Satis wrote:The £1 a go version is on the large oval Gamesnets and I'd say it's very similar to the Itbox 50p version, in the sense that if you can win on that you'll be able to win on the Gamesnet version. The Gamesnet also has the standard 50p/£20 option, although if you've played DOND at all regularly you'll know that the £20 Jackpot is basically pie in the sky. Any prize below that is however achievable.
i have won the £20 jp 4 times in last 2 months it pays it a lot you just got to be lucky to be on it at the right time :lol:
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

All I can say to that, if we take you at face value, is that either you have been stunningly lucky or you play the game in the ultimate Thicko Arms! *

I would estimate that I have made the end game well over a thousand times in all sorts of locations since this game came out and have in this time won the £20 JP ONCE.

* the nickname on here for pubs where the punters fill the machines up every day and never win themselves
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

A thousand times? That seems excessive. That would mean:

A/ You have taken somewhere in the region of £3000 out of DOND

B/ You have played 2 endgames every day since this game came out.

You would have to be a full time player to do this.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Point A would be fair I'd say, although I'd say that I have won a lot more than that and put a lot more in, if you see what I mean, i.e. I don't play once per location and aim for a single smallish win then stop. That explains point B really - I will ALWAYS play DOND if it is available and would normally expect to get to the end game 3 or 4 times in any one "session" - I basically keep going until either I have won a decent prize (£7 to £10) and have something else to play and/or somewhere else to go or until it is clear that the game is in non-pay mode - 60000+ points and/or lots of spoilers.

I could easily therefore make the end game 10-15 times in a single night across five or six locations.

For a long time - say ItBox versions 48 to 53 - DOND was basically the only widely available game that I found to be a reliable, consistent payer and hence I have played it a lot. As I said, during all this time I have only ever won the £20 once (at a pub in Southampton) but do find that the other prizes are all regularly available.

I guess it's possible I may have missed out on one or two £20s as now I would always Deal when faced with say £3 and £20 as the last two prizes and a deal of say £7, simply because I refuse to believe that the £20 is possible, but the more general question is whether I just been very unlucky in not winning more JPs over such a large 'sample size' or is the original poster having us on? Is anyone else going to claim they have won 4 JPs recently...?
grecian

Post by grecian »

I've not played this anywhere like as much as NS, but have no doubt made it to several hundred endgames of DOND in my time, many of which I've played right to the end. I've got many, many £10s but never a £20JP, and so I'm afraid I'd treat any claim of having obtained repeat JPs from it with a healthy degree of scepticism. I'd be interested to how often some of the forum's "real boys" have managed to JP DOND.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Once.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
donttellhimpike

Post by donttellhimpike »

Quizmaster 1-1 Donttellhimpike
donttellhimpike

Post by donttellhimpike »

So if its nil satis nil back at my place i win on away goals!!
cool

Post by cool »

i apply a scientifically devised system by myself that I employ that precludes me from ever getting a jp on dond now that I'm not going into!
however b4 I developed the system won 2x £40 0 £20
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

Loads of tenners, six and seven also common. Had a £20 + a.n.other situation about four or five times and never won it.
JamieKiernan

Post by JamieKiernan »

grecian wrote:I've not played this anywhere like as much as NS, but have no doubt made it to several hundred endgames of DOND in my time, many of which I've played right to the end. I've got many, many £10s but never a £20JP, and so I'm afraid I'd treat any claim of having obtained repeat JPs from it with a healthy degree of scepticism. I'd be interested to how often some of the forum's "real boys" have managed to JP DOND.
Not sure if I am classed as a "Real Boy" Grecian, but as we have discussed before, I am a player for small gain and high entertainment. I have managed to win the Jackpot three time, and £20 from a £1 / £40 JP machine. On a slightly different tangent, I have brought up the £20 Mayfair on Monopoly three times, but never picked it ….