Millionaire

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
nick-a

Millionaire

Post by nick-a »

Is millionaire still around much anymore? Was thinking about having a play tomorrow but thought it's being phased out or something?

Nick
grecian

Re: Millionaire

Post by grecian »

nick-a wrote:Is millionaire still around much anymore? Was thinking about having a play tomorrow but thought it's being phased out or something?
Yes, it's still about. The third and latest version (celebrity WWTBAM) is on all up to date ItBoxes and someone told me it's appearing on GamesNets as well, although I've not played a GN recently so can't comment. The second and lamest version of WWTBAM is still to be found on some Ind:es, and (oddly) has appeared on a non-standard line-up ItBox near me.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

I've been messing around with this lately since some of my old favourites have disappeared. It's still not made it into my Top 3 games of choice which are my steady daily earners, but it's on the fringes.

Have jackpotted it a couple of times, and £10 is well doable. Celebrity version only, obviously. The other one is bag of shite.

QM
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
redder

Post by redder »

QuizMaster wrote:I've been messing around with this lately since some of my old favourites have disappeared. It's still not made it into my Top 3 games of choice which are my steady daily earners, but it's on the fringes.

Have jackpotted it a couple of times, and £10 is well doable. Celebrity version only, obviously. The other one is bag of shite.

QM
firstly, i enjoy reading you posts as they are informative but at the moment what are you top 3 games?

cheers
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Glad you enjoy the posts. Favourite games are Hell's Bells, Pub Quiz and Bullseye, although not necessarily in that order. They're not everybody's cup of tea though.
grecian

Post by grecian »

I could have guessed two of those QM, but Pub Quiz? On an Ind:e / GamesNet, maybe, but on the ItBox this is surely pretty unrewarding terrain - huge amounts of questions to learn and even then only £10 a game if you're brilliant (speaking as someone who's never JPed it on the ItBox).
redder

Post by redder »

QuizMaster wrote:Glad you enjoy the posts. Favourite games are Hell's Bells, Pub Quiz and Bullseye, although not necessarily in that order. They're not everybody's cup of tea though.
how the hell do you win on..... ahuh HELLS BELLS???

most i've had is £2 and i think i was lucky with that one :?
redder

Post by redder »

grecian wrote:I could have guessed two of those QM, but Pub Quiz? On an Ind:e / GamesNet, maybe, but on the ItBox this is surely pretty unrewarding terrain - huge amounts of questions to learn and even then only £10 a game if you're brilliant (speaking as someone who's never JPed it on the ItBox).
nope, me neither...

just a quick £5 if i have a good bit of luck
nick-a

Post by nick-a »

QuizMaster wrote:

QM
Haha, thanks for that, so it's the celebrity version I should be looking out for then!
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Pub Quiz is the thick people's game of choice. And they play it a lot.
cool

Post by cool »

The art of picking a game.
(1) find a game that ticks most of the boxes for you
-how difficult- too difficult nobody can win to too easy where initial gains are wiped out as even a plank can win.
(2) how interesting the questions are
(3) spoilers?
(4) the prize structure . does a small win ruin it?
(5) does the game appeal to the general public.appeal = longetivity
(5) (i) is in innovative- the shake a pig on ant & dec will be very popular although the game isnt particularly good
(6) how much control does the programme exert.
(7) look for games that other pros dont like- with a bit more dedication you might be creaming money from under their noses.
(8) look for games which are popular over many formats.
(9) look for bugs that may make give an advantage however small
cool

Post by cool »

and n :P o I will not be revealing my top games! :P
davey boy

Post by davey boy »

QuizMaster wrote:Pub Quiz is the thick people's game of choice. And they play it a lot.
A fiver a long time ago is my record.
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

Played the celebrity version last night for the first time ever. Stayed away from it since I heard you had to play another game just to win the cash.

I'll definitely be playing it a lot more.

Played about ten games and had a £10, 2 x £4, and 2 x £3 wins. Having had no experience of it before, maybe it was flying, but the questions werent particularly difficult, and the 'place in order of age game' was always blatantly obvious.

Did I catch one in a good mood? I'd hazard a guess on the jackpot age game you might get something hard like 4 boyband members or footballers?
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

ROSSKEEN wrote:Did I catch one in a good mood? I'd hazard a guess on the jackpot age game you might get something hard like 4 boyband members or footballers?
The Age game certainly can get harder - I always seem to be caught out by William Roache (Ken Barlow) who never looks 75 to me! When you get four people of a similar era, you are going to struggle to get the order right by guesswork alone - it's a 1 in 24 chance.

Obviously, the questions will also get harder once a few decent prizes have been taken out of a game, as you did last night.

What I would say is that the £1 ItBox version is a lot friendlier than the 50p version that has now appeared on the Gamesnets. It's obvious really that it should be, given the increased stake, but personally I'd much rather play a £1 a go game that gives you a realistic chance of a decent win than a 50p game that doesn't.