Monopoly Deluxe

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Matt Vinyl

Monopoly Deluxe

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Morning chaps, anyone having success with this? It seems to be quite a big payer for me at the moment. Two £6 wins last night, a £5 on Thursday too. All on the first attempt! ;) I scored a 9080 which I was impressed with, the target was at 5400 but I had 4 (!) Try Agains and 2 Passes, so thought I'd continue until I 'could' lose. Most properties had hotels on, and I recall getting 1000+ for answering one question! Unfortunately, I fluffed it shortly after that and took the cash game which paid the £6.

I may be missing something, but how do the properties you collect affect the end game? I'm pretty sure that all the properties are 'shuffled' in the card deck regardless of whether you collected them or not? I think I asked this before, but can't find the relevant thread, lol! :roll:

Also, I've never had the Electric Company feature, is it any good?

Cheers! :D
M.
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Matt

It only shuffles the properties you have collected. These nearly always include Old Kent Road and if you are on an ItBox and have overachieved by battling through spoilers etc you will almost certainly end up with it.

Electric company game is the same as WW game.

On balance tho I am doing alright on it but yet to get more than £6 and if you dont get in first go it is a difficult decision as to whether to chase it. ie sometimes hard to read unlike other games where you can see where the prize ladder is at.

One things for sure though, it is getting a lot of play from Joe Public.
Dolan

Post by Dolan »

I played earlier and it gave me the cash-pot on the stations for £10. It was a complete fluke but £10 is £10.
wires74

Post by wires74 »

has anyone seen the cashpot higher than £10 ?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Thanks NM, I thought so, but it always seems to have the same amount of property cards at the end, I'll check next time though... ;)

Crikey, £10 cashpot? I've only ever seen it around the £2.50 mark! :shock:
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Matt Vinyl wrote: Crikey, £10 cashpot? I've only ever seen it around the £2.50 mark! :shock:
I've only ever seen £1 in the cashpot :shock:
madmatt1387

Post by madmatt1387 »

lucky enough to have droped 2 10pound cash pots it cant get any higher than that
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

and i had an odd one on this too.
cashpot was £10 and it gave me six free properties +2 +1 for 5250 so i knew i'd win unless i crapped out on some soap opera question.

anyway. i got past the winning post and was offered £7 which, obviously, i took and when the cards were revealed it said £0.5, £1.5 or £7.5.

i'm no mathematician but that is a hugely generous offer.
nobody ever wins on those things.
JamieKiernan

Post by JamieKiernan »

Yeah, the offers towards the end are never an average of the cards you have chosen. It can be the lowest or highest of the cards you have chosen, so for example

£5.00
£6.50
£8.50

Could offer you £4.50 or £8.00, it throws me a lot, I got offered 50p once when I didn' even have Old Kent Road, declined the offer and had cards of £1.50, £4.00 and £9.50. I am very sceptical about it though, and think if I ever did pick the £20 box it wouldn't let me have it anyway, instead moving it to the second card if I had chosen the first.

Regularly see £8 to £10 cashpots, although it makes you wonder when you see a £2 cashpot whether its obtainable, or if it is going to keep going up to £8.

Ahhh, neh mind. I do like this game, provides entertainment and can be a long game, lowest end game I have seen is 4000 and the highest 6500.

Oh, and the Free Car Parking is incredibly annoying, I have seen it give me 570 points and 2270 points ... it is never consistent.
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

Anyone ever had an offer of a £1, refused it, and then got a monster win? In other words, is the offer a pretty certain indication of the figure you'll get anyway?

Only ask cos I got an offer of a quid, and the three cards were park lane, bond street and... OKR.

Guess which one it- sorry - I, picked.
:roll:
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

It's a con! Take a quid and it'll say a billion quid and a zillion quid was on offer. It'll do the same the other way round too! It's an obsolute rubbish cheat cope out. :x
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

I got offered £2, ignored it and got £4...which is about the amount I'd ploughed in because I HATE losing!! :D
I can't deny it was really that £10 train collection that was attracting me though
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

a right carrot & stick game...
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I've had this bloody game crash on me three times now, on two different ItBoxes. Grrr... All three times as well, I've been doing well, target has been around the low 4k and often with 2+ try agains and 2+ passes.

First time I had put a £20 in and thought that I was going to accept that as a loss, but I went back to the spoons in question this week and they had it 'nicely' filed for me, so I got that back. The other two times, I only had the £1 in, so I didn't fuss too much.

Always when I'm asked a question on the red set, the question card starts it's decent onto the screen, and then it just freezes.

Having said all that though, this is still a very profitable one for me at the moment. The obligatory £2-£3 from Bullseye omitted, of course... ;)