Post by wigwamsun »

Don't forget Madagascar, its huge
Well, I wrestled with
reality for years, Doctor.
And I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Inaccurate questions.....got one last night!

On Bullseye:

Other than the wicket keeper, which fielder stands closest to, but not directly behind the batsman in cricket:

A) Slip
B) Silly

I went for B, as silly mid on is way closer than a slip fielder. Apparently A was the right answer though. D'oh! :x
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
q-time

Post by q-time »

It depends on the bowler. If Shane Warne is coming in I would expect the slip to be just as close as the silly mid-on. But you are right, on average a 'silly' would be much closer than a slip. I don't think the position is ever known simply as a 'silly' however, but as a silly mid-off or -on.

Dodgy question.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Although at best ambiguous I think that the behind the batsman is what's meant to differntiate
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Yeah, very ambiguous and a bit naughty. I see the point that if a spinner was bowling, the slips would be very close.....but then again the silly mid-on would be right up for the bat-pad catch. Tape measures required i think :D

I'll just have to accept this one :P
q-time

Post by q-time »

Mattb wrote:.....but then again the silly mid-on would be right up for the bat-pad catch.
A man who knows the game. I wonder if Matt has ever brought himself on to swing a few down from the Gresham Road End at Fenner's?

QT
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

lol :D

I used to break into Fenners through a hole in the fence with a couple of mates during summer months in the evening so we could use the nets :wink: I've also wandered down there before and seen Lashings play when they had Glenn Mcgrath and Jimmy Adams in their side, class!

(yes i'm a cricket nut :P)
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

Last night on deal or no deal I got:

Which island is Talisker whisky distilled on?

A: Isle of Arran
B: Isle of Sky

C: Blanked out because it was my second question.

Having worked bars during my student years I was almost certain it was the Isle of skyE but my mate shouted "Skye's spelt wrong so its a trick answer" and wrongly pressed Arran.

Twat. But then so's the idiot who didnt take 2 seconds to check their spelling as is the muppet who probably should have proof read it.

(And I guess so am I for not going with my original guess!)
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

I've been collared with mis-spelling in questions and then thinking I'm being clever and over thinking the answer as a bluff. It is RIGHT kick in the chuffs!
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

ROSSKEEN wrote:Last night on deal or no deal I got:

Which island is Talisker whisky distilled on?

A: Isle of Arran
B: Isle of Sky

Interestingly someone I know had that exact question as their £500,000 question on Millionaire (spelt correctly one assumes and with two other wrong answers obviously). They weren't confident enough to go for it and kept the money...
DildoDez

Post by DildoDez »

Had a question on DOND tonite

"Which football club plays their home games at New Douglas Park"

now im an Accies fan, so this question was music to my ears! But the correct answer given - Hamilton Academicals - is wrong, as the name of the club is Hamilton Academical - no 's'
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

I got my first wrong question on Monopoly last night.

What nationality was the referee who sent off David Beckham v Argentina in 1978?

I cant remember the options, just that unless there was an under 3's world cup I'd never heard of, this question was 20 years wrong. Twats.
Properpro

Post by Properpro »

Given that you know it was 1998 a typo is of no importance. Kim Milton Nielsen/Danish. Know and press the right answer and move on, that's how you win. :?

Money goes in, money comes out.
grecian

Post by grecian »

Properpro wrote:Given that you know it was 1998 a typo is of no importance. Kim Milton Nielsen/Danish. Know and press the right answer and move on, that's how you win. :?
Tend to agree - at least the meaning of this question was clear despite the typo. Worst ones are the ones that are genuinely ambiguous, although to be honest they are pretty rare.
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

Played Buckaroo last night:

Which of these is the odd one out?

A: Hard
B: Soft

Got it wrong. Silly me.