Toss the Monkey

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Ernest W. Quality

Post by Ernest W. Quality »

It seems more like the sort of thing that a professor would give to an overly keen undergrad as a summer project to attract/repel them from doing research. It has all the required properties of such a project:

1. Won't take long unless the student is a real mong.

2. Very easy to get some preliminary results even if the student is a mong.

3. It is the quirky sort of thing that attracts the attention of real people, who will at least look at the pictures even if they don't understand the science (similar to the guy in my department who studied the effect of Cheerios clinging together in a cereal bowl and got put on the local news, in a white coat. Nobody in my department has ever worn a white coat.)

4. It has virtually no scientific importance of any kind, otherwise the professor would have done it himself. If it later turns out to have any unexpected significance, the prof can claim the credit anyway.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

I feel an apology is in order. To every quiz game I have ever slagged off before, even The Great Escape and Crazy Golf 2, I am sorry if I have even implied you were poor and worthless, because in comparison to this game you are classics. Toss the Monkey is the WORST game I have ever seen! Ludicrously difficult, no chance of winning a prize and seemingly written by 13 year old boys for 13 year old boys - the age when you still giggle at innuendo like "You are the best Tosser". If this game was a vocal performance, it would have to be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKSb-B2aiJA

:wink:
cool

Post by cool »

perhaps we could start off a list of tossers. Been to see Jim Davidson tonight . His list would include Jamie Oliver and Jonathon Ross from the content of his show. Can anybody beat this pair (excluded are Bob Geldof & Bono ) . Discussing Tossing The Monkey game is even more banal than my post!
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

Noel Edmonds and his brother stood next a DOND machine
wigwamsun

Post by wigwamsun »

What I don't understand about 'Monkey Toss' is why Mazooma leave the credit and bank icons on during the game. What benefit is that? It also makes top win-plan so bloody small. I've now played this game over thirty times to try and understand the mechanics and win some moola. In a few words chaps, no soddin' idea and no soddin' money. And surely if you're going to be childish, call it 'Toss the Monkey'. Next game 'Choke the Chicken'.
Well, I wrestled with
reality for years, Doctor.
And I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it.
cool

Post by cool »

choke the chicken good idea. It might go further........
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

well I'm winning a bit on this. not a lot but it's a guarenteed free pint
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Wow. You have set your standards really high there.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
q-time

Post by q-time »

Choke the Chicken could work.

The variables would be angle, ferocity and balance. A question would be asked after each choke to advance up the prize ladder. When you finally reach the top you have to answer the jackpot question known as the Money Shot.

dangerous

Post by dangerous »

Are you listening Channel 1?
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

QuizMaster wrote:Wow. You have set your standards really high there.
that's why I play them, for a bit of fun and the odd free pint.

that's also what they're designed for.

I work full time and make a very healthy suplimentary income from poker. I need neither SWP or AWP to put food on the table. If you do, always bare in mind, they're not designed for you.
cool

Post by cool »

Other games in the toss the monkey stable. Bonk the Donkey, Poke the goat and Bone the pony!
q-time

Post by q-time »

Blow the Gibbon and Bugger the Ostrich
Properpro

Post by Properpro »

that's why I play them, for a bit of fun and the odd free pint.

that's also what they're designed for.

I work full time and make a very healthy suplimentary income from poker. I need neither SWP or AWP to put food on the table. If you do, always bare in mind, they're not designed for you

Games are designed to pay out 30%, no more no less. If you can answer the questions, and unless there is a 'rigged' end-game, (DOND, Monopoly etc.) the machine in 'regular mode' can't control whether it pays out somebody's 'free pint' or a jackpot. To scuttle behind a screen of 'I don't need the money' is rather missing the point - have some ambition.
Surely your poker play isn't as tentative?
Properpro

Post by Properpro »

Whoops! I'll get the hang of it soon! :o ops: