Deal Or No Deal

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
explayer

Deal Or No Deal

Post by explayer »

my first post everybody - i have been reading for a while now and would like to share my thoughts on this game with you all, i have been playing the quiz machines seriously for a year or so since i gave up the fruit machines (hence the name) - i rate this as the most winnable game out there at the moment , as it has a number of tell tale signs that it is, or is not , ready to pay. I have read the other posts on this game and would like to add my thoughts ; firstly the spoilers, blatantly obvious, but in my experience they are often followed by an acheivable target so stick in there - the target score: no rhyme or reason with this one, goes all over the place, as has been said in previous posts if you fail at a low target it can give you a high one next , however low targets are the best sign to 'go for it' - Deal or no Deal? , nearly always deal - take the points and move on (and as people have pointed out you get an extra try again - this is vital) - the most important tell on this machine is the number of questions you need to answer to move on, if it gives you none or one more than once it is winnable , if it gives three or four a few times in a row you are in trouble - i personally do not believe that the end game is random and therefore if offered say, £7, with 10p and £20 left, i take the money (if the game is random how come the first box opened is always blank??) - lastly if one of the answers to a tricky question is the Scissor Sisters, it is always the correct answer (the writer must have a fixation!) - thanks everybody , please share your thoughts
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Pretty much spot on.

What I have defo noticed is that on a burnt DOND, the first game will offer you semi-decent target to aim for, e.g. 35000-45000.... once you fail to achieve that (with said spoilers) then it'll ramp the total back up to impossible levels.

Not dissimilar to fruit machines always leaving you 2 symbols on the winline on your last credit.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Yep agreed - for me it always seems to be a first go 36,000 target that signals trouble.

I take it noone has yet spotted a target in excess of the 98,000 I reported on a few weeks ago?
wigwamsun

Post by wigwamsun »

A reliable source told me they had seen a six figure number, 102000. That's one scary mutha!!!
Well, I wrestled with
reality for years, Doctor.
And I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it.
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

Northern Monkey wrote:Yep agreed - for me it always seems to be a first go 36,000 target that signals trouble.

I take it noone has yet spotted a target in excess of the 98,000 I reported on a few weeks ago?
Yesterday I saw a horrendous 99,000! Didn't even bother playing it - life's too short!
wires74

Post by wires74 »

98 000 the other day shat myself !
q-time

Post by q-time »

I once had such a high number to aim for I just downed my pint, went for a slash and returned to the machine, now ready for a new game. I don't like to throw good time after bad money.

QT
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

On a slightly different tack, what is the highest target anyone has ACHIEVED? I normally walk away when the targets get silly but I managed to achieve a 78,000 target on Friday - there was literally nothing else worth playing on the box in question.
q-time

Post by q-time »

Impressive. Did the endgame behave randomly or did it offer you 10p?
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

No - it gave me a decent prize (£7). The point is that it is the appearance of the spoilers that determines how far you can get - I commonly get blown out on targets which are only in the 20,000-30,000 range by the appearance as early as the second round of several questions in a row about whose birthday comes latest in the year or which sitcom has had the least episodes...
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

P.S. I was promised Seven Stars at 500+ posts - that is all that has been keeping me going!

:wink:
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Nil Satis wrote:No - it gave me a decent prize (£7). The point is that it is the appearance of the spoilers that determines how far you can get - I commonly get blown out on targets which are only in the 20,000-30,000 range by the appearance as early as the second round of several questions in a row about whose birthday comes latest in the year or which sitcom has had the least episodes...
Ditto- when I used to persist with this game I definitely got in a couple of times via at least 5 rounds of questions to yield decent(ish) prize. I think for most of us who have played this a fair bit the appearance of spoilers is the limiting factor.
q-time

Post by q-time »

At least we have learnt something - i.e. that although the quiz part of the game is not random (high points target, more questions, stupid questions) if you manage to get to the endgame you really could win anything.

One of the things that surprises me is how the offer is always honest. If the machine didn't want you to reach 78000 it could always have offered a deal at 1 point in an attempt to make you keep going.

QT
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

q-time wrote:At least we have learnt something - i.e. that although the quiz part of the game is not random (high points target, more questions, stupid questions) if you manage to get to the endgame you really could win anything.
Well, nearly anything - the £20 prize is 'protected' so that you never win it (I have done so once in say 500 end games, rather than the 1 in 16 times it should be) but other than that you can win any prize.

I'm also pretty sure that the points and cash offers are 'algorithmic', in the sense that they are predictably derived from the values of remaining boxes, rather than chosen each time by the software. However I don't believe the box selection to be equally fair in that, apart from the protection of the £20 box I have already mentioned, if the game is in tough mode you are also given the 250,000 box far more often in the qualifying rounds than would be expected by random chance.

Overall though, it's still one of the last few decent games remaining.
grecian

Post by grecian »

I agree with everything my learned friend says. I've not yet had a DOND JP in perhaps 200-300 endgames (either I play this a lot less than NS or I'm under-counting!). I think my "best" endgame was one where I qualified with an 86k target - but again, spoilers were non-existent so it was really a question of avoiding silly mistakes. I've recently got into the bad habit of "binning" DOND games at much over 50k on the basis of not being arsed. Inspired by this thread I took a 55k game at lunchtime and made it all the way to a £7 prize. So, thanks NS.

Does anyone share my suspicion that DOND became a little easier after issue 52 ItBox was released? Before that I was having a really lean spell but since then I've had one or two pleasing knocks.