Industry person open for questions.

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

To all recent posts on %.
Each game has its own compensation method for controlling the payouts. Sometimes mistakes are made and the payout is exceeded.
All terminal games have individual game pots for each game. FACT. And is obvious when you consider what would happen if there was only one pot.

Skill Bingo is the highest payout game percentage that I am aware of, 45% and does not depend upon knowledge. It seems to share the winnings about with it getting easier to win as time goes by. The industry has had talk regards the skill side, but the answer that is put about is that every time you play the game you can win. It is just the speed and if you have lightening reactions then you would win every game, if you can keep it up. I have seen people really take this game to pieces by playing it continuously, you need to be a person with concentration and reaction continuously for the duration of the game 2 minutes average. I think they move the goalposts to control payout, so you need to be even quicker but I can't comment as that maybe construed as interference in a game in the market.
I am here to answer questions and also to express my own view within limits but will not compromise any person or company.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I don't agree that you could win every time with SkillBall. I've played it a good few times, and watched a lot of others play it. I'm pretty damn quick at it, and when you start getting near to a full house, the ball machine for some reason 'delays', shall we say, the selecting of a ball, allowing those precious seconds to tick away.

I'm pretty sure I would've had a few full-houses (or even the £40) by now if it was 100% skill.

I'm guessing that as you are saying, it is a way of compensating for the faster people among us - having it slow down so that you can't get at the balls fast enough...

:(
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Matt Vinyl wrote:I don't agree that you could win every time with SkillBall. I've played it a good few times, and watched a lot of others play it. I'm pretty damn quick at it, and when you start getting near to a full house, the ball machine for some reason 'delays', shall we say, the selecting of a ball, allowing those precious seconds to tick away.

I'm pretty sure I would've had a few full-houses (or even the £40) by now if it was 100% skill.

I'm guessing that as you are saying, it is a way of compensating for the faster people among us - having it slow down so that you can't get at the balls fast enough...

:(
Matt,

in all fairness that has the possibility on happening on a real ball selector as well as a virtual one.

the key is that because its programmed and virtual its assumed its screwing us as opposed to a mechanical 'ball selector' where the balls just wont fall.....

i'm not saying your wrong im just saying that because its virtual its viewed as a bit sinister
you don’t just jump into bed with Terry Tibbs, you take Terry Tibbs out to lunch, you wine and dine him, you give him an oil massage then he gives you 1950 if you’re lucky!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Devils Advocate, and I agree that is a valid point.

I'm sure that others would agree that though, that it does seem to happen moreso when you only need one or two balls to finish up, and there's still a lot bouncing about in the machine.

Of course, I'm probably being a bit naive to think that it's 100% skill... ;)

Has anyone had the £40 out of this?
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
cool

Post by cool »

Borg is a bit like the BBC Wimbledon coverage concerning Serena Williams and her 'injury' . Michael Stich who as an ex millionaire tennis player says what he likes states basically shes cheating. Whilst the BBC employee is hopeless 'something strange is going on' afraid from the repercussions from the BBC a response that 99% of the population believes. I believe in giving my opinion I wont compromise. The bingo game is totally fixed , however it doesnt ruin the enjoyment of playing it for me. The fact that it is generous in paying out the odd line helps to stop the jackpot from going. Ive had a whole card- once!
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

Cool. One of numerous good posts. I do not wish to dwell on the Bingo game but we need top get it resolved. Yes it is fixed in that the Company Nova would not be making money. The key obviously is peed so the quicker you are the more chance you have. This type of game I believe is not one on which on one can improve, much. It was Gods decision when handing out reflex actions and hand eye co-ordination etc. The game does not really support pros as such as if you get to the game when money is available then you may be slower and win. If you get there when no money is available you need to be faster, I think it is that basic, but I do not know for sure how the compensator works, but it will along those lines.
Now can we get to other areas not Bingo please!!
Mat Ingram

Post by Mat Ingram »

borgcontact4 wrote:Now can we get to other areas not Bingo please!!
Is that because your company won a legal battle with Nova?
Why do you avoid answering if you drink in the pubs mentioned?

Did I mention that I am 'in' the industry?

:D
Show me more.....
Dolan

Post by Dolan »

Why do game developers not get their cut of profits from games?
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

Mat. I have seen most of the stuff on Nova and Mazooma and Bell fruit on the web and read in Coinslot various things. I didn't want to get into Bingo only due to the fact that this site is really for keen players , pros if you like and Bingo does not fit the profile of using knowledge to gain money, and entertainment, IMHO. So really wanted to keep clear of pool games and other types which a quasi skill and provide the money more evenly spread. I aqm sure you follow.
Mat you may be a colleague of mine as I work with a number of people and they are not aware as I am not on the company computer or network, so I will say Hi and just post the truth as I do and express ones opinions but make sure they are not portrayed as facts. I will try and honour the games players here as they are my bread and butter.
Talking about bread and butter and money rewards, some programmers do get bonus related to performance of games so I hope that answers your question Dolan.
Mat Ingram

Post by Mat Ingram »

Fair enough,
but your posts seem really anti Gnet/Gtech/Danoptra/Leisure Connection, and you are really knowledgeable about their antics.
You don't go into what IGG are upto, and their financial status. This leads us to all think that you are Bell Fruit, or Mazooma, as QPS don't do quiz games.
Also, Bell Fruit are the only company that reward game designers above the team who actually design and develop games.
Also you avoid details of your location.
Also Bell Fruit are the only people that would employ someone that can not spell :wink:

So I dare you...name and shame the company or group that you claim to work for :D
Show me more.....
MrChimp

Post by MrChimp »

Also Bell Fruit are the only people that would employ someone that can not spell
lolz
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

Mat. I am not anti G/N Danoptra group etc only stating what is actual in public domain. I am sorry if I give or gave that impression on my posts.
No I cannot reveal who I work for due to actions that may be taken against me. I don't know who you are or wish to know or even discover who you work for, this site gives anonymity.
Post relevant information, please.
MrChimp

Post by MrChimp »

gone a bit quiet in here, you reckon borg has been rumbled and been given the boot?
cool

Post by cool »

Mousetrap and Spiderman 2 are great examples of the quality content that Revolution is sending out into the market,” says Mat Ingram, Games Design Director of Revolution Entertainment Systems. “These games have a long site life due to the time-independent licenses as well as a much richer playing experience for the end-user.”
I bet you are regretting making that quote. Spiderman 2 was total cack and where is it now? Its easy to invent a media friendly quote with no actual hard facts, its less easy to prove it with actual evidence.
I believe BORG is who he says he is and its interesting to hear from him even if hes restricted by what he says.
perhaps you should have opted for anonymity.
cool

Post by cool »

and as Revolution games appears to be part of Leisure Link same head office address longetivity on the terminal wouldnt neccessarily mean a lot as surely Itbox own games would get preferential treatment over outsiders on the terminal.