monopoly 2007

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

grecian wrote:I think it rises when players get the "Add to Cashpot" (or whatever it's called) card bonus, Wires - I've got this a couple of times and I think it adds 50p or £1 to the stations prize. I kind of wonder whether the game will protect the cashpot until it's risen to a really decent amount or whether it'll give it away cheaply for a couple of quid. I would hope the former, but given that IIRC Hornby said recently that he'd won a cashpot already, probably the latter is true.
Not really played this an awful lot but have had two cashpots- 1 the day after the machine went in (£1) and one for £3.50 same pub but on an Indego. Pretty sure it doesnt increase by reference to the number of plays so would support Grecian's theory.

Incidentally was reading the blurb on the pub sign outside said pub and it turns out that it used to be called "The Grecian"- dunno if you've ever spotted that ?
grecian

Post by grecian »

I have indeed noticed that, Hornby.

Must say I'm quite impressed at the quality of the scores Joe Public's racking up on Monopoly as compared to my own feeble ability at said game. I played twice on at ItBox yesterday and didn't even trouble the top fifty scores, embarrassingly!

I'm also beginning to warm to X Factor, at least in pubs outside the City. Have had a number of £3-£5 wins over the last four or five days and in one memorable play came withing two questions of a £20 JP (got to £10 and was given three questions with no lifeline to get to £20 - yes, I was deliberately seeing how far I could push it). I think JPing one of these won't be long in coming (that is, if QM's not managed it yet).
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

I have. 3 at the weekend. Not as spoilerific as everybody thinks, this one.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

if you play monopoly on an ind:e with sound, whichever token you choose makes a noise.
the top hat sounds like phineas fogg from that old 80 days games.
top answer old bean, oh whiz-bang etc.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Northern Monkey

In a rare show of generosity on It-Box incarnation of this I was offered £5.50- needless to say turned it down just to see if anything better was in the offing.

Nope- £4.00 prize which was in fact the best card by some way.
wires74

Post by wires74 »

QM is it always 3 questions from 10 to the jackpot on X FACTOR ?
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Never seen more than 3. Had one that asked me 2 the other day. Figured this must mean gagging, which was proved right as played DOND after the X Factor JP and was asked for 10,000 qualify on DOND. Took £3 then got a 14,000 next game.

Monopoly was unforgiving though.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Northern Monkey

Northern Monkey wrote:
grecian wrote:I think it rises when players get the "Add to Cashpot" (or whatever it's called) card bonus, Wires - I've got this a couple of times and I think it adds 50p or £1 to the stations prize. I kind of wonder whether the game will protect the cashpot until it's risen to a really decent amount or whether it'll give it away cheaply for a couple of quid. I would hope the former, but given that IIRC Hornby said recently that he'd won a cashpot already, probably the latter is true.
Not really played this an awful lot but have had two cashpots- 1 the day after the machine went in (£1) and one for £3.50 same pub but on an Indego. Pretty sure it doesnt increase by reference to the number of plays so would support Grecian's theory.
Changed my mind- cashpot definitely goes up as a function of plays as well as the add cashpot "bonus"- albeit very slowly.
foxy

Post by foxy »

The unremitting hard-earned 50p's are becoming a little tedious to say the least.
What a shame about the payout structure given such a thoughtfully designed game.
In summation NEARLY a very good quiz game!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i've said this before but i'll say it again. just avoid the titbox. i have had several £2/£3/£4 wins on the ind:e (and only one 50p) on my very limited shitbox plays i have won 50p twice.
it doesn't take a genius to work this one out.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Yes, I'm coming round to that way of thinking.

Prize game I got to yesterday. Offered £1. My 3 cards were 50p, £9 and £10.

No prizes for guessing which one I was awarded
cool

Post by cool »

a nice crisp £10 note?
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Almost.

It was in fact a nice shiny 50p piece.

Which it wouldn't even let me collect :(
grecian

Post by grecian »

Had an interesting experience on this yesterday. I'd struggled through to the endgame where my lowest card (unusually) was £2. The offer I got after picking the usual three was £1.50! Needless to say I rejected it and managed to get a £3 prize. But further proof, if proof be needed, that the offer in the Monopoly endgame appears to bear almost no relationship to the cards drawn.
grecian

Post by grecian »

Continue to be amazed at how popular this game is. An ItBox near me has a lowest score on the scoreboard at 4,800, and a highest at 8,200. Anyone seen a better board or a higher score than that? Seemed to be being played well as well - I put £2 in and didn't make an endgame.