Industry person open for questions.

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
grecian

Post by grecian »

borgcontact4 wrote: Anyone with serious questions?
Why does your profile say you're a student when we all know you're an industry person?
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

Grecian. Very simple , when I signed up for this site, it was the easiest thing to hide behind. Elementary. I did not intend to get involved, however I changed my mind and posted this thread.
OK?
fotherz

Post by fotherz »

OK here's a serious question Borg.

What is the future of the national tourneys? Are we going to see more of that in future?
wires74

Post by wires74 »

borg what are the possibilities that gamesnet will improve the games available or are we on a permanant downward spiral ?
grecian

Post by grecian »

Does new Monopoy really pay out 30 per cent of takings and if so how? I simply cannot see how it can pay out more than about 10 per cent of takings absolute tops judging from my play of it so far.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

grecian wrote:Does new Monopoy really pay out 30 per cent of takings and if so how? I simply cannot see how it can pay out more than about 10 per cent of takings absolute tops judging from my play of it so far.
i find that the game plays very much more generously on the ind:e cabinets.
but that shouldn't come as a surprise to any of us.
nobody ever wins on those things.
cool

Post by cool »

I cannot really understand focussing on percentages. 30% is a percentage based on thousand of plays and what really matters to me is the percentage of the payout percentage that I am going to get. If I can get money out of a machine I dont care if the payout percentage is 1%!
dm

Post by dm »

cool wrote:I cannot really understand focussing on percentages. 30% is a percentage based on thousand of plays and what really matters to me is the percentage of the payout percentage that I am going to get. If I can get money out of a machine I dont care if the payout percentage is 1%!
How you view it is totally irrelevant. The fact is you are more likely to make money from a machine with a higher percentage payout.
cool

Post by cool »

no a person of average ability will get more from a machine with a higher percentage payout whatever that is. This website is not concerned with people of average ability or I didnt think it was. Explain Brewis emptying BMWC or other peoples ability to empty games in the past. Where would your 30% come from an empty machine. Its totally irrelevant. I would ask you prove that the percentages are 30% and that any game was removed because it only paid out 10%- go on you cant. It hasnt and it wont happen!
pat624

percentages

Post by pat624 »

Does each indvidual game on the terminal run to its own 70 % keep, 30% payout settings.....or do the terminals combine all the games into one for payout purposes?

Also is it true that Skillball pays out 45%
If I get every skillball draw correctly predicted as REJECT/ACCEPT very quickly then I should get jackpot if it is a game of skill......if however the game relies on the correct balls being drawn from the drum then it is a game of chance.....it could only be classed as a game of skill if by playing quickly enough , I am given the opportunity to accept every number which is on my card...

opinions please

Thanks

Pat
dm

Post by dm »

cool wrote:no a person of average ability will get more from a machine with a higher percentage payout whatever that is. This website is not concerned with people of average ability or I didnt think it was. Explain Brewis emptying BMWC or other peoples ability to empty games in the past. Where would your 30% come from an empty machine. Its totally irrelevant. I would ask you prove that the percentages are 30% and that any game was removed because it only paid out 10%- go on you cant. It hasnt and it wont happen!
as far as I know this website is for people who enjoy playing quiz machines.

But you are wrong. Even players of above average ability will benefit more from machines with higher percentage payouts (I didn't mention 30% anywhere).

Only in rare cases can an exceptional player be guaranteed to JP a game every time, and those games are removed quick-ish depending on how astute the operators are.
grecian

Post by grecian »

I agree with dmac here I think - you can't really draw conclusions from Brewis-type situations as they are quite rare. Most of us, although we're above average, are still constrained to winning money from the available 'pot'. If that's bigger, then we're more likely to win more money.

There are of course plenty of other factors - perhaps the main one being the ability of other users to take money out of the pot - which is why I'd rather be playing in (to use the phrase of the moment) "The Thicko Arms" rather than, say, anywhere where I know one or two other good players are in operation. It also depends on the inherent difficulty of the machine - some games are just aimed at a better class of player than others (e.g. the conceptually difficult Every Loser Wins) meaning the average player is less likely to be able to make a big claim on the pot. Also key is the way in which a machine pays out its pot - does it pay it in dribs and drabs, rarely pounding more than a pound or two (Bullseye, Pub Quiz) or will it wait and pay out better prizes every so often (100 Per Cent, Tetris)? I'd have thought most of us would prefer the latter.

By the way, I've no clue about what the payout rate on these things is, although I'd be surprised if it differed materially from game to game or even between cabinets. People on here have mentioned 30 per cent so that's what I went for. Has it always been so incredibly low? Even roulette pays back about 97 per cent.

Good question from Pat as well - I've always thought that each individual game on a terminal has its own separate pot; many's the time I've claimed multiple bigs wins off various games on one terminal. It'd take a lot to convince me there was one overall pot.
cool

Post by cool »

I dont believe that there is an overall pot on a multi-game terminal and I
believe that if a % payout is determinable it would be calculated using a person who is green to the game. Perhaps Borg will elaborate.
dm

Post by dm »

cool wrote:I dont believe that there is an overall pot on a multi-game terminal
Me neither.

and I
believe that if a % payout is determinable it would be calculated using a person who is green to the game. Perhaps Borg will elaborate.
I believe it is irrelevant who plays the game and the payout tends to 30% (or whatever) regardless of who plays the game.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

believe me, the 30% is rigorously tested for strong players

when you win, it's weak players money you're picking up

each game runs it's % independantly