monopoly 2007

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
grecian

Post by grecian »

Each property you've one in the main game lines up on screen. Remember each has a prize attached to it up to £20 for Mayfair. You pick three of the property cards but you only see the reverse side - pretty sure there's no skill involved. The game offers you a 'buy-out' amount which you can take. If you choose not to you pick one of the three property cards chosen and get the prize on that card. Again, I don't think there's any skill involved. So far I've "resisted" buy-outs of £2 and £1 on the two (count 'em!) endgames I've reached and won 50p on each occasion. I agree the game is nice but the makers are going to find no-one's playing it soon if average endgame prizes (combined with the difficulty of getting to the endgame) are really that low.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

You would think that the fact DOND can quite often afford prizes of double figures, that this game could be a tad more friendly then? Based on the couple of pops I had at it, there's a lot more work involved to get to the end game than is required over at ol' Beardy's?

A few suggestions, may have been:

- Out of the properties you've won, only the top 5/6 are used for the 'random upside-down card picking'.

- A bonus that increases the value of the lower properties.

- The highest property is always picked before you 'randomly' select the other cards.

But then as Captain Mainwaring often said to Corporal Jones, I'm probably "getting into the realms of fantasy, here". ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

I think my bowels are playing up again...
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Not a fan, then? ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

I reached two Monopoly endgames today - both gave me 50p. I think both games were continuations too. :roll:
grecian

Post by grecian »

Matt Vinyl wrote:You would think that the fact DOND can quite often afford prizes of double figures, that this game could be a tad more friendly then? Based on the couple of pops I had at it, there's a lot more work involved to get to the end game than is required over at ol' Beardy's?
I entirely agree. I've reached two endgames out of twenty to thirty tries and find scores above about 4,500, at least on the ItBox, to be a big ask. Seeing as the target is very rarely less than 5,000, that creates a problem. But from early scoreboards, this is clearly getting a lot of plays, so may get easier as it fills up with cash.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

got to the endgame for £2 yesterday. only previous experience was 50p.
nobody ever wins on those things.
ROSSKEEN

Post by ROSSKEEN »

Saw this in the local bowling alley the other day and remember you guys were all talking about it so thought Id give it a go.

Played maybe about 15 games, got to the final round once. Even though I lost overall, I found it enjoyable to play, and dont think I had a single game that lasted less than 5 mins.

For all its prettiness though, its still majorly rigged. Two or three times I got close to the end game it hit me with jail, repairs and general trips to shitty squares such as brown and blue properties.

The one game I got to the end I knew it was going to let me as after about 10 questions I had had no spoilers, 2 chances - which were 2 extra try agains and 2 extra passes, and yellow and green hotels, which it was only too happy to let me land on a couple of times.

The final game I turned down a £4.50 offer to end up with £2.50 - the lowest card from £2.50, £6 and £9.

Still enjoyable (although after 50 games I might start to disagree) with the go game, free parking and utilities being a nice touch.

Better than X factor anyway.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

yesterday i turned down an offer of £4.50
i chose the £1 property and it showed the others as £8.50 and £10
nobody ever wins on those things.
WaterGate

Post by WaterGate »

Harsh!
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Yet another 50p to report- having hacked through to 6220 (without a continue) employing some inspired educated guessing on the last couple of Qs I was less than impressed. That said offer wasd only at £1.50 I think.

On another point on the Itbox I was on, when it was in attract mode it seemed to advertise a £40 JP is that right???
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

Only played this one, got to the end game and £2.50 was the result- noticing a trend here- the other figures were £6 and £9. Still, I have to say, and this has been echoed elsewhere, there's nothing a new game can do to endear itself to you more than let you win first go. I should probably never play it again though... :D
wires74

Post by wires74 »

the 4 station bonus has anyone noticed that it rises with the amount of plays or is that a pipedream ?
grecian

Post by grecian »

I think it rises when players get the "Add to Cashpot" (or whatever it's called) card bonus, Wires - I've got this a couple of times and I think it adds 50p or £1 to the stations prize. I kind of wonder whether the game will protect the cashpot until it's risen to a really decent amount or whether it'll give it away cheaply for a couple of quid. I would hope the former, but given that IIRC Hornby said recently that he'd won a cashpot already, probably the latter is true.
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

50p and 3.50 yesterday...ho hum