Discuss Quiz Machines here..
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

LOL
Hexpert

Post by Hexpert »

Hello Borg,

Been away, just catching up!

Can you tell me what the JP is supposed to be for Hex Appeal please?

It doesn't tell you on-screen anywhere and the furthest I've ever got along the columns is to £5

Thanks
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

Hi Hex, well I am real sorry I have no idea. However top should be £20.00 on 50p play according to BACTA guidelines. £40 for £1.00 play.
grecian

Post by grecian »

borgcontact4 wrote:Hi Hex, well I am real sorry I have no idea. However top should be £20.00 on 50p play according to BACTA guidelines. £40 for £1.00 play.
Clearly that's not always the case though, as plenty of games offer only £10 for 50p play.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

and TSP (RIP) was only £5 for 50p
nobody ever wins on those things.
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

it is quite correct anybody can make a game with any j/p they like just pointing out the levels at which BACTA and Gaming Commission have agreed .
wigwamsun

Post by wigwamsun »

For obvious reasons, can I ask Borg if he has ever had an afternoon drink in The White Hart???
Well, I wrestled with
reality for years, Doctor.
And I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

If all these terminals are connected, how come there are still Big Match World Cups all over the place on Gamesnet? And how come after being on Richard & Judy and surrounded by a mountain of £1 coins in The Sun, it didn't occur to anybody at Mazooma that Brewis would be able to dismantle BMWC as well?

Or is this why they don't appear to have made a game since the whole Big Match fiasco. Fuck me you'd have thought they'd have given up on that idea, the first version they did 5 years ago got its arse kicked as well.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

Quizmaster. OK Gamestec terminals as well as all other opertors do not have ALL the terminals connected. One the commercial model means that a rent for the telephone line has to be paid and some locations cannot sustain the outlay, also some locations it is impossible to get a line to the machine, such as airports etc. So engineers have to visit terminals to update them, well as is evident by the number of machines out of order it appears that enginnering is lacking!!!
Bid Match is a Mazooma game and mistakes are made by all.
cool

Post by cool »

How is Brewis regarded within the gaming industry? Have you heard anything about the Mill Hill episode? I find it strange that the publican was supportive of him according to grecian, they didnt intimate that to me when I phoned them!
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

Cool, Believe me Brewis does not mean a thing to 99.9% of the industry as they are ignorant of this episode. The industry is not as professional as one would imagine. Sorry to relay the true level of our people, but that is one of the main problems the business faces. INHO.
grecian

Post by grecian »

cool wrote:How is Brewis regarded within the gaming industry? Have you heard anything about the Mill Hill episode? I find it strange that the publican was supportive of him according to grecian, they didnt intimate that to me when I phoned them!
Frankly Cool I'd get over yourself. I can only report what I saw, and I was there for the final half hour of the Mill Hill episode. The bar staff (not sure whether the landlord or manager of the pub was there or not) were entirely fine with the episode and took Brewis' details and promised they would pass on the details to the guy from GamesNet, which they evidently did. I'm entirely unsure quite what business it is of yours how they reacted though.
cool

Post by cool »

its just seems highly improbable that a landlord in my experience would be happy to have the machine ripped for over £500. Its odd that somebody can sit on a machine for 9hrs and win that amount of money no probs and yet I can win £20 and be on a machine for 30mins yet get banned. If you didnt want anybody to follow up the story you shouldnt have made the pubs details public. You are quite at liberty to phone 01202-438001 and follow up my story (litten tree). In fact I would encourage you to do so at it might wind him up! The fewer mentions of your friend in future would be appreciated as it only winds me and others up.
wigwamsun

Post by wigwamsun »

So have you done much drinking in The Grove???

You must understand Borg that you are merely creating more suspicion. Why would anyone from the industry come on this site and slag it off? Where is the logic?
Are we to form a merry band of men and overcome the un-professional and poor attitude of the games industry? :|
Well, I wrestled with
reality for years, Doctor.
And I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it.
grecian

Post by grecian »

As I say Cool, the staff at the Mill were probably quite junior types - it was a Sunday afternoon after all. Why should they care really? If you don't believe me, don't believe me, but once again I assure you I tell the truth. I couldn't have less interest in "following up" the Litten Tree story - it bores me absolutely rigid and you must have mentioned it a hundred times. I was once kicked out of a pub quiz on wholly spurious grounds just as I was about to win a £375 cash prize. Do I go on about that endlessly? No; life is unfair sometimes and, like it or not, publicans can pretty much do what they want as regards banning people.

If in future I have a story about Mr Brewis that I think people on this group might find amusing or interesting I'll continue to post it, just as I'll typically post what I think are interesting tales arising from my own machining activities. Contrary to your view I suspect most people on this group *did* find the Brewis BMWC story interesting (even if they thought him arrogant or show-offy, or were jealous at how much he'd won). You are perfectly at liberty to ignore stories about him if you are not able to cope with the jealousy or other negative feelings they might provoke. For the record though Brewis has rather lost his machining mojo after getting a bit spoilt by BMWC, so there might not be too much about him in the future.