Now that's what I call a big win

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

The ability to win That much on a quiz machine is worthy of congratulation, the level that he has gone to publicise it and to draw attention from pub owners is far from it.
dm

Post by dm »

Dolan wrote:you lot all sound very jealous about this.
Just be big enough to congratulate the guy. Jeez.
well said.
wires74

Post by wires74 »

its not a question of being jealous but for fucks sake he is just fucking it
up for everybody else for the sake of his ego !
dm

Post by dm »

wires74 wrote:its not a question of being jealous but for fucks sake he is just fucking it
up for everybody else for the sake of his ego !
Because otherwise the manufacturers wouldn't have a clue?
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

If Brewis had a guaranteed sytem for winning on roulette he'd probably tell it to the papers instead of keeping it to himself or selling it on.

He seems to have a rather large ego. He also looks like the type of bloke who was reguarly beaten up at school, so one suspects he is compensating for this.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
grecian

Post by grecian »

I'm enjoying your comments. You're all a bit jealous really aren't you? I know I was/am, so I don't begrudge you it.

I don't think he's killed any golden goose here. All machines have a limited shelf life and they'd have removed BMWC eventually - Brewis eked out about five months of winnings on it without it getting withdrawn and only stooped to this kind of stunt once it'd had gone from everywhere else.

This is a problem with one particular game on one particular machines - despite about five attempts, Mazooma have never managed to programme Big Match such that it's impossible to beat, and I expect that'll be the end of the game now. And given Brewis is up about £20k all told, I doubt he cares too much.

I don't give Mazooma or GamesNet any sympathy either - they're in the game to do battle against the likes of us and if they (a) mis-design the machines; or (b) can't tell more quickly when machines are being drained like this, they deserve absolutely no sympathy.

Let's not forget there's nothing dishonest in Brewis' technique here - just sheer hard work in learning loads of mind-numbingly dull questions through experience, and skill in learning the skill games.

Cool - the pub here was the Mill in Mill Hill, London. It was a Sunday and I think Brewis was there from opening until about 8 in the evening with no breaks, at which point the wife and I turned up and managed to drag him away for a pub quiz (I think he was bored sick of the bl**dy thing by then). He then repeated the feat a week or so later at the North Star on Finchley Road (although I think the amount won was less due to time constraints). He probably 20s about 90% of games, with 15s on the rest. If you think I'm fibbing, fine, but I can assure you I'm not. I see little point in misleading this forum.
dm

Post by dm »

I don't have a problem with it at all. He obviously enjoys the acclaim/notoriety as much as the cash so each to their own.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

crikey.
hats off to him. whether he was an idiot to publicise it (which, afaik he hasn't) or whether we are all just jealous; i think, if you take a step back, it is quite clear. must have been excruciating to grind it out though.
we are all aware that taking £539 from one machine is ill-conceived but he knew the game was moribund so why not?
is there a video Grecian?
nobody ever wins on those things.
wigwamsun

Post by wigwamsun »

The bloke is a cock!!! Think Keyer soze
Well, I wrestled with
reality for years, Doctor.
And I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it.
grecian

Post by grecian »

[quote="squelch"]crikey.
hats off to him. whether he was an idiot to publicise it (which, afaik he hasn't) or whether we are all just jealous]

Sorry UP - I mistakenly thought I'd replied to the above post but hadn't. It hasn't been publicised anywhere other than this forum. To be honest that's as much my doing as Brewis' - I said I thought it would excite much comment on the forum and Brewis said he was fine for me to post it. But no Sun appearances this time round.

No video I'm afraid UP - just photos, which in any case I had to get my wife to take (as I've got a really old school Nokia phone which doesn't take photos).
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

QuizMaster wrote:He seems to have a rather large ego. He also looks like the type of bloke who was reguarly beaten up at school, so one suspects he is compensating for this.
So was he beaten up at School or not? :wink:
grecian

Post by grecian »

BigEd wrote:
QuizMaster wrote:He seems to have a rather large ego. He also looks like the type of bloke who was reguarly beaten up at school, so one suspects he is compensating for this.
So was he beaten up at School or not? :wink:
Not to my knowledge, although when I first met him at university he was pretty sad. ;-)
cool

Post by cool »

You may or not know that Brewis is a part owner of the quiz company called Quiz Quiz Quiz Quiz that offers to test machines for developers as well as supplying a vast range of info and quizzes to companies , pubs etc. In view of what has happened would you trust him and his cohorts with respect to this aspect of his company?(the testing of machines!). Doesnt the term 'conflict of interests' spring to mind? thttp://www.quizquizquiz.biz/quiz-services.htm#testing
quizard

Post by quizard »

Your link is dud. It usually works out better if you copy and paste from the address bar rather than trying to type them :)

http://www.quizquizquiz.biz/team.htm
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Another one of their part owners has surely the best quiz pseudonym ever as his real name - "the name's Brilliant, James Brilliant".

:wink: