What are people playing these days?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Boo Grecian!! You KNOW what I really play.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
SWP

Post by SWP »

Boo Grecian!! You KNOW what I really play.
Enlighten us all then QM.
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

Me and Mattb always ace the itbox soccer when we are about together. Top score for me and mates is a nice 91000
Unbelievable Jeff
coldradiohead

Post by coldradiohead »

Guys on the new battleships if you need to find alot of ships, it is an advantage to make mistakes and have a poor start. Then if you watch the bottom left corner it flashes and if you are quick enough to press it, it will show you where all the ships are located. You then press all the co-oderantes and are straight onto the easy final game. However, if you get a good start this rarely happens.

Also most of you probarly no this but I find machines to be more friendly if on certain games you get the first question wrong. It doesn't take a life away but for me, particulary on bullseye, the game then seems to give me an easier ride to the prize game.

Are these just things I have incorrectly diagnosed or does anyone else think I might have something.
dm

Post by dm »

CrosbyRules wrote:Me and Mattb always ace the itbox soccer when we are about together. Top score for me and mates is a nice 91000
that's a good effort considering the spoilers

e.g FOOTBALL CLUB ACRONYM

_ _ _ (if it's CFC or FFC you're sorted)

start at around 55000
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

No.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

All the Battleships I play (rarely, it has to be said), generally will let me get into the end bit whether I answer the first question correctly or not (I will try getting it wrong to see if it makes a difference).

I am bemused, however. How does your super technique work, given the fact that when you fire the cannon in the endgame, it just skips off whatever you were aiming for? Is this not just a shat version of Bullseye? Or am I missing something?
foxy

Post by foxy »

Not sure if getting the first question wrong is particularly helpfull but a small suggestion is to stick to your favourite subject and in due course the sonar bonus or war zone will arrive.
I just go along the food and drink line and usually get in after roughly 8 questions.
Oh QM's right though - this is a wonderful technique to win a £1 or even maybe 2!!
Still, in these difficult times....
grecian

Post by grecian »

I agree, it usually gives you a bonus to get you to the endgame whether or not you get the first question wrong. Surely, Foxy, straight lines is a gash tactic to find the battleships? Diagonal lines is (in broad terms) the name of the game! That said, QM is right that the endgame is poor. It should be worse than Bullseye, as I don't think it offers a guaranteed skill £1, unlike Bullseye, but as a matter of practice it normally seems to offer £1 somewhere. Once it even offered £5 to my other half, but never again!
foxy

Post by foxy »

Agreed about straight lines being gash IF you're trying to find the ships but if you're good at one particular subject and don't want to lose lives then stick to that and let the bonuses do the work for you- it just relieves the tiresome business of actually having to find the bloody ships in the first place!
grecian

Post by grecian »

Fair do's Foxy. Are the bonuses that reliable do you think?
coldradiohead

Post by coldradiohead »

I play it quite alot and I find the end game quite simple and am confident that any nearby target can be hit most of the time. Its best to wait until you get £3 or higher close by, rather than having a shot at £1 that are miles away. i think bullseye end game is much more difficult.

This game and nuts are the only two that I make profit on.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

I will have a crack at pretty much most of them which is where the indiscipline creeps in. Games I play (broadly in order I approach them obviously subject to cabinet are as follows)

Word Up- Still plenty of Itboxes around where basically JP for a clearance

DOND- regular £10s a testament to the appeal of the game

Pub Series Cricket (Not on Itbox)- I got good at this early on so if you find a pub where it has actually been played (like yesterday :P ) easy couple of £4, £5 wins straight away. PS Best score yesterday of 8180.

Nuts- relatively straightforward, hadnt realised the appeal of this as used to get it confused with that Stars thing.

Caveman- Still always have a cheeky 50p just in case. Can be pleasantly surprised although I reckon the number of speculative 50ps invested probably outweigh the odd occassion you find an unspoilt one.

C&R- find this strangely playable and normally a "free" £1 if the keys not available

Trivial Pursuit- like this as the number of cheeses you start with is a pretty good show of whether its going to serve up a decent prize.

Monopoly Deluxe is my guilty pleasure- ever since taking down a big cash pot on this I alwas have a little look where its currently at points/ prize on a machine. Surprisingly that first 50p will often yield a £4 or £5 spot prize on eg Just Visiting.

Deals on Wheels-after some low hanging fruit initially there does not seem to be much value left in these but normally have a look.

Tetris (the Q&A one)- if in the mood chances for decent if not stellar prizes.
wigwamsun

Post by wigwamsun »

DOND. I did have some fun playing this the other night. I had one playing at 52000 pts to enter the end game. I can usually qualify around the 70000 mark so I just thought I try something out. I decided never to take the deal offered and subsequently cleared the boxes three times and got offered 10 points each time. Eventually, died with a massive 210 pts. Answered sixty+ questions and lost 20 mins of my life. Interesting experiment, anyone done somethin' similar . Played then next game properly and took a tenner. Sweet!!!
Well, I wrestled with
reality for years, Doctor.
And I'm happy to state
I finally won out over it.
rogerthymes

Post by rogerthymes »

V.impressive Wigwamsun! So, are you saying its always best to just take the first deal at the end of the first round? That's what I usually do even if I've got both lifes left