Cops & Robbers

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

How to tell whether Cops & Robbers is a good game:

Divide number of times you have played by number of times you have gotten to Millionaires Row.

Now compare that to the number of times you have played 1 vs 100 divided by qualifying for the Big Money Round.

My own figures are:

Cops & Robbers 1 in 26 games

1 vs 100 1 in 2 games
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
grecian

Post by grecian »

I do agree QM (I only play this one for pure enjoyment), but it's a bit simplistic isn't it?

On C&R, for, say, 20 of your fail games you probably took a cashbags £1 as they're dead easy on the whole. On your one win game I'd imagine you took either £7 or £10. Total winnings £27 to £30, then, say.

On 1v100, on your 13 fail games (out of a hypothetical 26) you'd have taken nothing. On the win games you'd have averaged £3 a win, I'd say (it never pays out less than £2 or more than £5), so total winnings c. £40?

So definitely a difference but not as stark as you portray, perhaps? The less lumpy winnings on 1v100 are also attractive too.

PS Do you maintain statistics for all of your machining? Probably the only way to go if you're a professional but impressive nonetheless.
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

26 games of Cops & Robbers returned £20 for a £7 profit (but takes a long time). Without Millionaires Row I'd have made a loss.

26 theoretical 1 vs 100's would return me about £45.50 for £32.50 profit (and is quite snappy).

Yes. I keep detailed records.
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
wires74

Post by wires74 »

what is PMP ?
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

It's Pimp My Prize, a game found only on Paragons I believe.
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

Nil Satis wrote:It's Pimp My Prize, a game found only on Paragons I believe.
Pints make Prizes?

Some nasty new categories have arrived.
grecian

Post by grecian »

BigEd wrote: Pints make Prizes?

Some nasty new categories have arrived.
Now Pints Make Prizes really is a tough game. In about forty or fifty goes I doubt I've won more than £10 - £8 of that on one game. Again, though, it is surprisingly enjoyable.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Similar experience as Grecian on PMP. The number of times Ive got myself a fair few quid ahead only to damage my margin by playing numerous games of this :|

The thing that really pisses me off is the "Bonus" where it becomes a lottery by having 3 Game Overs and shuffling the cards off the screen every time you get near the cash.

My maximum is £8 on this as well but that was after I had "forced" it by playing it badly for about an hour :o ops:
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

really?

i'm surprised. my hitrate is very good on PMP. have hit JP five or six times and numerous £6/£7/£8. it is also one of few games which will offer decent prizes in consecutive games.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Northern Monkey

Sounds like youve emptied all the central london ones before me or Grecian got there. :lol:
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

could be, but this game does appear to get played by people. yes the overt bonuses can be unfair but the gameplay is simple and within the fair categories there are few spoilers (i am not up to speed on the new version yet). pleased that it was deemed worthy of a facelift, i like this one.
grecian

Post by grecian »

up wrote: i'm surprised. my hitrate is very good on PMP. have hit JP five or six times and numerous £6/£7/£8. it is also one of few games which will offer decent prizes in consecutive games.
Seriously impressive stuff UP. I have a theory that each game offers three non-spoiler bonus rounds after which it goes too quickly to be perceived. Therefore: take three bonuses and no more.
ggdr

Post by ggdr »

I have pretty much the same theory as Grecian but the temptation of going for the bonus means I never manage to stick with it. PMP is now probably the only game that I enjoy playing despite not being profitable on it. Used to be the same with Word Up until a) I finally managed to clear the damn thing and b) the blessed Scrabble dictionary came in...
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

there are three different speeds when the bonus cards leave the screen. i can do the slowest with 90% accuracy (but you only ever get a shit bonus at this stage) the middle speed i can get right about about 50% of the time but the quickest is beyond me so just a 25% chance of fluking it.

nice use of the word 'blessed' in relation to the GM wordlist (sorry to be a pedant but SOWPODS cannot be descibed as a dictionary) i'm choosing to interpret it in the third sense: mild expression of exasperation or annoyance.

this thread has gone way off topic.
Northern Monkey

Back on topic- managed to break the 200 mark on C&R yesterday and yep only 2 keys and 5 swags.

I have pobably got to Millionaires Row about ten times or so and never got more than £5. Definitely been timed out dithering a couple of times which is a bit criminal given that MRs are about as rare as rocking horse shit.

I did note from the high score table that a certain mr Hyena had been in recently- and in the 3rd pub I went in. Shame, the pub in between those two had a very JPable Cavey although I bottled it at £10.