x factor

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Istenem

x factor

Post by Istenem »

spotted on the idle screen of a halfwit box.

what delights will this bring?
my prediction: none.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Casting your world-weary cynicism to the side for one second, UP - surely the fact that it is a licence which the plebs and halfwits will recognise and play means that it'll be worth a nugget or 2, much in the same way as Bullseye or Ant & Dec.

It might stick in your craw to play it, but as someone who is at least partially responsible for the celebrity culture endemic in society today, I'd say that this game would be right up your street.

(I've not actually played it myself, so you might like to let me know if it is worth doing so :wink: )
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i hardly think i can be held responsible for michelle mcmanus. the blame for that falls squarely on the shoulders of scotland. (also those weedy mctavish brothers and the doris with one leg and an attitude problem.) wasn't darius danesh one of your lot too?

you are right about the appeal it will have to deadheads though. i enjoy the show but can't see how it would translate to swp.
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

I'll give you Michelle McManus. But not only do you watch, you also interview some of these wannabes, thus making them more famous than they actually are.

Uninterestingly enough, my mate used to work with Michelle McManus in a hotel in Glasgow. It was my birthday party, but he dinghied it (or at least turned up very late), just so he and his girlfriend could go to Michelle's leaving do (just as she was getting really famous). I still haven't forgiven him.
Hexpert

Post by Hexpert »

From the looks of the preview ads (It's due on the itbox in July) it appears to be some video of Simon Cowell a la Chris Tarrant in WWTBAM

And a series of questions where you need a certain number right to progress to the next "Audition". The more Auditions, the further up the prize ladder you go

Never watched the show, hate all that "Reality" tv
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

How come you saw this if you are boycotting itboxes?
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

i was in a pub (well a bowling alley) and i looked at it, with my eye.

and i didn't get any strikes.
dangerous

Post by dangerous »

well i'm looking forward to it anyway
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

Agreed, should be one the idiots pump full of cash. What were the questions like? The usual?
stuart4010

Post by stuart4010 »

Apparently one of the questions is as follows:

Q: How many portions of fish and chips could be battered from the excess fat of Michelle McManus?
roberto la vigna

Post by roberto la vigna »

Shurely this game is going to use the hitherto unnoticed itbox microphone to combine punters' favourite two pub pastimes: quizzing and karaoke. :D
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

AAAAAGH!
cool

Post by cool »

michelle mcmanus would not take all this critiscism lying down, because if she lay down she wouldnt be able to get back up again.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Anything that gets more punters losing money, and michelle mcmanus jokes gets my vote.
wires74

Post by wires74 »

why is it advertised now when the game isn't on the machine, bollox if you ask me ?