I have had VERY little dealings with pro quiz players

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

good luck with it Mr Bob. where do you draw the line on skill games only? obviously word games are your forte so i'd expect you to do okay there. but would e.g. hex make the grade?
nobody ever wins on those things.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

vaginalbob wrote:I'm planning to spend a month this Summer attempting to be a proper quizzie pro - to see if I could be able to pay London rent, afford other costs and mebbe save a bit each month. I will be playing only skill games.
Good luck with your quest, VB, but I'll have to warn you to stay away from the Turl Bar in Oxford which I OWN after my mighty Word Up clearance of 1600-and-something this week. Well, I was proud of it anyway...

:wink:
ZAX

Post by ZAX »

VB

Maybe you can let us all know how many 'real boys' you meet on your travels as well. I guessed there might be more than three but I note that Quizmaster etc dont give any indication how many they think there are. I don't mean people like the Brewises who gave the impression they had mastered BM and thats it, I mean as Satis is alluding to, the boys who are pros on a variety of games and have been for some time.
quizard

Post by quizard »

If everytime anyone meets the real boys they mention it on here we can keep a count :lol:
quizard

Post by quizard »

cool wrote:Since 1990 Ive racked up 120,000 miles in a Nissan Micra,462,000miles in a Corolla and 220,000miles in a Yaris !
And we thought you jogged between sites Cool :lol:

Post by Guest »

ZAX wrote: Maybe you can let us all know how many 'real boys' you meet on your travels as well.
Maybe I'll get to see HYENA in action - his name is virtually everywhere I've been so far.

There might be a few pseudo-pros about too - BEN is one name that we have seen in several towns.

We've also had the occasional stories from barmen about players emptying Millionaire or suchlike.

UP: I don't expect to be able to make any profit from answering trivia questions (tho' I hope I'm not completely pig-ignorant in that respect), so Hex would be a no-no. Will probably just live on scraps from WU and TT (Boggle no more!)
BigEd

Post by BigEd »

theoak wrote:Have there ever been any software faults to the players advantage before, much as there are emptiers on some fruit machines?
They do come around, but are very rare. E.g.
1) Royle Family
2) Hex Appeal
3) Deal or No Deal
cool

Post by cool »

I know for a fact that HYENA is not a pro . Ive been told he organises pub quizzes as well as playing machines and has a day job , from a reliable source.He apparently is based in / near Islington, London.
wires74

Post by wires74 »

hex appeal mtr how long ago was that one ?
QuizMaster

Post by QuizMaster »

Yonks
Stupid punters. Telly all the week, screw the wife Saturday
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Anyone old enough to remember the granddaddy of them all "Give Us A Break". Easy red questions, then pick a colour, yellow two points, green three, etecetera. Didn't take long to get to know all the "black" ball questions". Must have been about 1984 for the nostalgia buffs. £80-100 a day then was a lot of cash.
theoak

Post by theoak »

I had one at my uni, the resident 'pro' used to make a lot off this.
sanddancer

Post by sanddancer »

harry2 wrote:Anyone old enough to remember the granddaddy of them all "Give Us A Break". Easy red questions, then pick a colour, yellow two points, green three, etecetera. Didn't take long to get to know all the "black" ball questions". Must have been about 1984 for the nostalgia buffs. £80-100 a day then was a lot of cash.
I used to play this circa 1987-88 while at university. I only played the black ball questions and eventually learnt most of them. I won the £10 jackpot twice in a couple of days only to find the machine removed the day after the second occasion. I tended to frequent the same bars and didn't know of any other machines. Maybe I should have looked around a bit more!