What games have/haven't been jackpotted?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
dangerous

What games have/haven't been jackpotted?

Post by dangerous »

Think it would be interesting to know how many games have been jackpotted by the people on this forum. Personally I have only won JP on the old cluedo (£20) and Trivia for Dummies (£10). On what other games has the jackpot been won by someone?
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Triple Towers- dunno what the maximum is but I've had £32 on that.

Old version of that coin pusher thing but forget what JP was - £10??
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

Oh and Weakest Link quite a few times when it used to seem to go into "easy" mode
grecian

Post by grecian »

Good question - I suspect a lot of people will be selective here so as not to give away jackpottable machines. I'm disappointed to say there are precious few contemporary machines that I've JPed - Big Match / Big Match World Cup / new and old WWTBAM is probably it. JPed Weakest Link many times but frankly I wouldn't say it's contemporary any more. I recently came within sight of a JP on Ant and Dec but didn't get it and had to console myself with £7. I suspect JPing DOND will be a matter of time as I've had a number of 10s and some 20 endgames.

A pity; in the golden age of machines (for me c. 1996-199 8) I JPed most machines as most were, in the right mood and with good play, JPable. No more, I fear.
Ernest W. Quality

Post by Ernest W. Quality »

Word Up, Boggle, Pub Quiz, Word Cube
Most I had from a game of Sum Up was £11.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

you've JPed boggle? :shock: good effort.

i'll add C&R, PMP, i spy (all paragon) also the short-lived catchphrase game on ind:e. i dare say a few of us on here are responsible for that one disappearing :)

it is no great secret that WU/WC are doable with good strategy, as for Q&A games which have coding which allows JP to be realistically possible, now that's a different kettle of fishes. as Grecian says, members are likely to keep mum about that.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

unknownpseudonym wrote:you've JPed boggle? :shock: good effort.

i'll add C&R, PMP, i spy (all paragon) also the short-lived catchphrase game on ind:e. i dare say a few of us on here are responsible for that one disappearing :)
If by C&R you mean Cops and Robbers then that surely puts Boggle in the shade! Unless you found/know of a machine in an incredibly charitable mode, I can't believe from my experience of the game (longest game was something like 20 mins and that was for a whole £1) that it would ever remotely come into Jackpot range.

My list of current games, which has no secrets withheld, is:

Deal or No Deal (£20 variety) - once
Word Up - once (for about 800 points!)
Ant and Dec - twice
Millionaire 2006 - once
Hangman - twice
Big Match World Cup - more than once :wink:

As with grecian, if we took the conversation back a few years then it would be a very long list indeed - as he said, just about EVERY game then was set up to be in Jackpot mode at some point in its 'cycle', and with hard work, practice and the luck of timing to find a good one, you always had a fair chance.
grecian

Post by grecian »

NS, the two Ant and Decs are really impressive. When I got near recently, there were no bonuses and every question was a stinker, despite my having 50/50.

When you say Hangman was this when it was a standalone JPM cabinet? I JPed it once in those days but have never done it when on an ItBox.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

By memory, one of the Hangmans was on an ItBox, but an early version not one of the recent editions by any means. The other one was I believe on a Gamesnet - the smaller cabinet, not the large oval one.

Touching on another conversation here re grotty pubs, there is actually a pub in Preston with an old JPM standalone Hangman but (a) it never pays and (b) it is located right next to the door of the rather smelly Gents!

As for Ant and Dec, as you will know you do have to recognise a 'playable' game (lots of 200s and 250s) and really try to go for it, and it does tend to have an internal upper prize limit lower than the Jackpot, after which it rapidly tries to kill you, but a couple of times for me it has stayed playable to the end.
cool

Post by cool »

Id be very impressed if a jackpot had come out of a hangman as it would involve a £10 cash prize & £30 by reaching the points. Well played.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

Nil Satis wrote:
If by C&R you mean Cops and Robbers... ...Jackpot range.
horses for courses. for example, i can't make wwtbam work because i never had the patience to persevere with it. but on C&R i'm like that robot in short circuit and it helps that i know the exact land area of every district in the world. e.g. i have had £15 from one game after fewer than 200 steps before.

(when it is going to let you win more than £2) the strategy is in the safe cracking bonus games. like a lot of paragon content, a touch guile can pay dividends.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

cool wrote:Id be very impressed if a jackpot had come out of a hangman as it would involve a £10 cash prize & £30 by reaching the points. Well played.
To clarify, by Jackpot I meant the £30 at the end of the points game. As that is as far as you can go, I took that to be the JP although to be fair it may claim £40 as the JP in the introductory screen (a little less ludicrously than something like Monopoly Deluxe or Hex Appeal might make a similar claim!).
angie

Post by angie »

All I've ever JPed is Word Up 3 times (£10 each time) and come within one question on Pub Quiz. What kind of machine is it that you can win £32 on?! Not an itBox I take it?
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Of the recent machines, Weakest Link (£40), Mousetrap, Pub Quiz (both tenners), Countdown (the old one), Cluedo (the original one - £20 collect prize on the mystery).

Decided to have a shot of Battleships today.... I've never even seen the £2 prize, let alone reached it, yet it has the audacity to boast about a £40 jackpot

Post by Guest »

unknownpseudonym wrote:you've JPed boggle? :shock: good effort.
In other words, I jackpotted Boggle while Ernest looked on flaccidly.

(Also applies to Word Cube). 8)