millionaire on gamesnet

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
wires74

millionaire on gamesnet

Post by wires74 »

could anyone explain why there is no longer millionaire on gamesnet machines cheers ?
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

Perhaps the other games are proving to be more popular or they just are updating the program.
Weyland

Post by Weyland »

I believe JPM have lost the license to someone else, who may not deal with GamesNet. Although don't quote me on that! ;)
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

The newest version (Millionaire 2006) has never made it onto Gamesnets. I assume they removed the original classic Millionaire simply because it was one of the oldest games on there - I can't believe that anyone actually thought that Crazy Golf 2 or Da Vinci Code or Caveman Capers (now we know how quickly and easily that one gets completely killed) were actually better than Millionaire (or more likely to get played by punters)!
wires74

Post by wires74 »

nil satis could you explain what you mean about CAVEMAN CAPERS getting completely killed cheers
borgcontact4

Post by borgcontact4 »

I believe Gamesnet can't get Millionaire now as the arch emenmy Inspired, Leisure Link, have the licence. Just like the new Swiss Tony Bingo game, Gamesnet can't have that either, War of the terminals, I guess.
8)
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

wires74 wrote:nil satis could you explain what you mean about CAVEMAN CAPERS getting completely killed cheers
Certainly. When it came out I was genuinely pleased to find a game that involved some genuine skill (as opposed to the fake/fixed skill of say the end games on Bullseye or Hasbro Battleships) and that offered a reasonable chance of a decent prize. What I hate about most modern games is that £1 is often relatively easy to attain but anything after that is either impossible or takes s-o l-o-n-g to get that you lose the will to live. Caveman Capers by contrast originally offered you the higher prizes once you had got to £1 at roughly one per shot, i.e. with a decent average shot length you could go from £1 to £2, £2 to £3 and so on, in one shot. You also had the nice feature of being able to see each subsequent question before deciding whether to collect.

I always expected that winning a decent prize (by which I mean £10 or £20) would cause the prize structure to get harder for some time - that's how decent games can make money for the pubs/owners while still offering good prizes - but unfortunately the achievable prize structures have disappeared from virtually everywhere so quickly that I find it very hard to believe that it has been simply a few pros travelling around winning the Jackpot on each machine. I know a few places which are very 'off the beaten track', which no pro could realistically find on a trawl of likely venues, and have still found Caveman Capers with say 3600 points for £1 (= about 25 questions for a reasonable player, some of which are bound to be spoilers).

Even worse there are a few isolated sightings of a prize structure with £1 at around 5500 points and nothing else after that! This sounded so unfair/unlikely when someone mentioned it on here that I actually didn't believe them at first but after seeing it for myself in Southampton last weekend I can confirm it's out there.

What I believe now is that this latter 'impossible' setting is what happens after someone wins the Jackpot but that the slightly easier, but still pretty much unplayable, settings kick in after someone has only won say £5 to £6. This I find completely pathetic and cowardly on behalf of the designers and the one thing it will guarantee is that very few punters will play the game as it will be so hard for them to even win £1, which is what keeps so many of them playing.

All this means that the game has been killed for both punters AND pros in 95% of pubs. It will start to get removed soon when with a bit more balls on behalf of the designers I think it really could have been a contender.

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, <insert name of games company here>."