Is it just me????

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
southeastlad

Is it just me????

Post by southeastlad »

Is it just me, or are the quizzers disappearing from your towns too???? Used to have one in every pub, but since the latest release of pointless which does seem fairly easy to get the pot on, most of mine are either "switched off due to a fault" or they have been taken away alltogether.

Your thoughts and observations please........
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Pointless caused the end of quizzers? They are disappearing though
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
cool

Post by cool »

for s.e lad to raise this topic at this time suggests somebody who doesnt play SWP's as we have been talking about this very subject for at least a couple of years , the drastic reduction rather than the gradual waning. We have also been discussing the lamentable reliability of them.
southeastlad

Post by southeastlad »

Yes, have seen the previous threads, but didn't really notice until the last few weeks. As I said, I'm not sure Pointless is the cause lately, but seems a coincidence if it isn't. We only play them really with a few pints in the evening, but it is getting very rare you see a Pointless jackpot over around £3 here now.
ob

Post by ob »

Super tip: Free play pointless puts the CP up 10p per pointless answer... only take you till 2015 to put it up to a score lol!
paragoon

Post by paragoon »

ob wrote:Super tip: Free play pointless puts the CP up 10p per pointless answer... only take you till 2015 to put it up to a score lol!
Is that right? Much as the game's been very good to me it's a right tedious bore-on. Couldn't be arsed to play it for nothing!
messiah

Post by messiah »

I went out for the first time in ages 2 weeks ago. Depressingly at one point we went through 5 pubs in a row that used to have machines for a number of years but no longer have.
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

The most depressing recent development for me has been the sudden disappearance of SWPs from so many of the Wetherspoon's pubs. It must be at least 60% of those I've visited in the last few months don't have one now, and in plenty of those the removal has happened since my last visit. It's too widespread to be anything other than a deliberate policy. Their long opening hours, lack of any hassle and the fact that virtually every town of any size has at least one pub made them a compulsory inclusion on any trip somewhere but they'll soon be gone from the SWP landscape for good if this continues.
cool

Post by cool »

I had a question to the business programme on radio 5 when Tim Martin was guest.
Following the bookies being labelled as the crack cocaine of gambling owing to their propensity to have high stake random jackpot machines , why then is Tim seemingly doing the same with the Wetherspoon chain with up to six fruities being
sited within his pubs?
I was totally ignored for docile questions as Ido like your carrot cake Tim can you publish the recipe.
muddle

Post by muddle »

That would have been a great question,cool! I completely agree with you,the smaller Wethersppons can have the look of an amusement arcade.I agree with you too,Nil,that it must be a deliberate policy - I can't remember the last time a new one opened with a machine in but it must over a year ago,and lots have taken their machine out.I was thinking of suggesting this a while ago,but if we each get five people we know to write to their magazine and complain that there's no quizzy in our otherwise lovely Wetherspoon,do you think it'll make any difference? Probably not,I suppose is the answer but it might be worth a try.