Current state of play then?

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
paragoon

Current state of play then?

Post by paragoon »

These new line-ups with basically Million Pound Drop/PMP/Eliminator/100 to 1...? Is that all there is? Seems like a step backward to me - am I alone?
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

They are definitely a step backward - they simply do not have enough content to entice sufficient punter plays and I can't envisage them being worth returning to as a player even with the standard long gaps you have to leave between visits to decent machines. The only way I can think to explain them is that the low level of content means they can be provided to pubs as a cheap alternative to proper Paragons as the cost of licensing the games is lower. Otherwise why provide multigame cabinets with so few games?

They aren't the only thing left, but they are certainly spreading. I had probably my most depressing week yet last week in terms of machine loss - I lost 8 machines completely, all from places that had had them for years, and in another 4 locations the proper Paragon was replaced by one of these crappy cut-down ones. You'd have to be a 'head in the clouds' fantasist to ignore or deny the continuing decline in the business as a whole.
kong

Post by kong »

Slightly off topic, but are you going to have to change your avatar and remove your username now?

Closer to the original topic, anyone know why the darts game got removed? Something that only pays £10 for every £25 it takes should be supporting these units.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

I managed a 50p win on million pound drop yesterday. My first win on it!
ob

Post by ob »

Hardly anyone plays the darts game anymore. It sits on like 20-30 games left for months in some places!
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

kong wrote:Slightly off topic, but are you going to have to change your avatar and remove your username now?
Good points but that monstrosity of a new badge will only be around for one season, they have already announced. I, on the other hand, will be around forever...

As for the removal of the Latin motto (translation: "Nothing But the Best is Good Enough"), I would say that as a symbol of the way the club's board have run things over their tenure, removing that motto was probably the most honest thing they have ever done!

Anyway, I can't change it now - I have been immortalised in a couple of GWHL questions.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

Nil Satis wrote:Good points but that monstrosity of a new badge will only be around for one season, they have already announced. I, on the other hand, will be around forever...

As for the removal of the Latin motto (translation: "Nothing But the Best is Good Enough"), I would say that as a symbol of the way the club's board have run things over their tenure, removing that motto was probably the most honest thing they have ever done!

Anyway, I can't change it now - I have been immortalised in a couple of GWHL questions.
example?!
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

The questions or the Everton board's actions?
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

lol the questions you've been immortalised in?! they actually marked a few of the boxes on donds after me! obv the 1p and £ ;)
cp999

Post by cp999 »

Q Which was the first no.1 to be achieved solely on downloads? Wrong answers include "Stop your whinging - Nil Satis" :D
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Indeed. That's one of them, and the other one asks what is the meaning of the phrase 'Nil Satis Nisi Optimum'. The correct answer is as I mentioned above, but the two wrong answers are something like (i) 'An Evertonian encyclopedia' and (ii) 'To err is human, to whinge is divine'. All three are good answers, if you ask me... ;-)
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

lol. so how does this come about? the programmers have heard of you, and put in references of the legendary quizzer?!!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

there's loads of quiz machine questions featuring fruitchat monikers, it's a public forum that anyone can join.........even industry guys.
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

"the fruitchatters"
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
Nil Satis

Post by Nil Satis »

Yep - this is a public forum and a few of the usernames from here pop up in questions and/or answers. If I ever move into the 21st century and get a decent camera on my phone I'll post a few on here.

The whinging reputation is understandable, but I've been around a long time and seen a lot of stuff come and go and I do at least always try to be honest in my assessments of games and machines. For me there's no point in being unduly positive when the situation doesn't justify it - to take the current example, if you were to get enthusiastic about this cut-down Paragon with its paltry games selection, unless you worked for GWHL it would be the equivalent of a parent praising their child's singing despite it being obvious to anyone else that the child was tone deaf - not helpful to anyone!