Can't find the old WU thread, so I'll just make a new one

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

good skills Bob, QM will be pleased.

didn't fancy going for the longest word record?
nobody ever wins on those things.
roberto la vigna

Post by roberto la vigna »

Istenem wrote:good skills Bob, QM will be pleased.

didn't fancy going for the longest word record?
COUNTERCOUNTERMEASURES just isn't happening for me, I'm afraid. :(

The -ALIZATION suffix is ripe for mining, though - passed up FEUDALIZATIONS today before setting up (and subsequently stuffing up*) IMMOBILIZATIONS instead.

QUAZZIER also got an airing.

* fat fingers
messiah

Post by messiah »

This weekend I went SHUTTLECOCKING around a few pubs with Bob. We could have gone INTERCONTINENTAL but with all the stories and COUNTERACCUSATIONS going around we thought it safer to stay home. Anyone else feel the world's governments' methods against terrorist organisations, or COUNTERTERRORISMS as it were, just aren't good enough? Originally I thought it was a QUINTESSENTIALLY British problem, but it looks to be one of the QUIZZICALITIES of the world.
JG

Post by JG »

This weekend I took BAB, a poor man's BOB around the pubs. Firstly a black CAT crossed our paths as we GOT on the BUS. That spells good LUCK for our voyage, no TRIP around the west END would be useless with BAB in TOW. Soon things were looking UP (are you even allowed two letter words?) as BAB typed in a VERY long word and that £1 crept a minuscule, no wait, TINY amount towards our accomplishment, sorry GOAL. However we were doomed, it seemed FATE was not on our side until BAB threw a hissy FIT and said oh FIDDLESTICKS AND ANTIDEASTABLISHMENTARIANISM TO ALL OF THIS!
We had trounced the territory from Oxford Street to Shaftesbury Avenue and we headed off to The Strand to cause further NUISANCINTISSITATONALATUDES to fellow Word Soupers.
JG
amazing

Post by amazing »

Redlinesman will have the top score!
Enjoying life to the max!

I'll be back
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

if you have a smartphone, the Word Soup app goes live tomorrow (W20.3.13). it is similar to the SWP version but also has a tilt feature.
JG

Post by JG »

I'll give it a bash. I would imagine you can shake your phone to shuffle the tiles. We will have more Word Soupisra posting pictures of ridiculously long words? Quizmaster will be ecstatic.
JG
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

android ,ios or both?
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

it should be available across all platforms as of now. although the global scoreboards are limited by device type (one for ios, one for android).
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

thanks
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

broken on android.

if you take too long to enter a word phone goes into sleep mode and has crashed when you try and wake it.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

thanks for the gen, i'll pass that on Lugsy. in the meantime, invest in some apple hardware ;)
tonkarentino

Post by tonkarentino »

JG wrote:This weekend I took BAB, a poor man's BOB around the pubs. Firstly a black CAT crossed our paths as we GOT on the BUS. That spells good LUCK for our voyage, no TRIP around the west END would be useless with BAB in TOW. Soon things were looking UP (are you even allowed two letter words?) as BAB typed in a VERY long word and that £1 crept a minuscule, no wait, TINY amount towards our accomplishment, sorry GOAL. However we were doomed, it seemed FATE was not on our side until BAB threw a hissy FIT and said oh FIDDLESTICKS AND ANTIDEASTABLISHMENTARIANISM TO ALL OF THIS!
We had trounced the territory from Oxford Street to Shaftesbury Avenue and we headed off to The Strand to cause further NUISANCINTISSITATONALATUDES to fellow Word Soupers.
ANTI-DISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM is a hyphenated word and so not allowable. I know this because we were refused it in an episode of Masterteams in the 80's. Went off Angela Rippon from that day. We had to make do with floccinaucinihilipilification.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Lopado*temacho*selacho*galeo*kranio*leipsano*drim*hypo*trimmato*silphio*parao*melito*katakechy*meno*kichl*epi*kossypho*phatto*perister*alektryon*opte*kephallio*kigklo*peleio*lagoio*siraio*baphe*tragano*pterygon.
Roulette free since December 2011.