Where itBoxes go to die...

Discuss Quiz Machines here..
Topical2009

Where itBoxes go to die...

Post by Topical2009 »

Quiet round this part of the internet, isn't it?

Anyway, this may be old news to everyone else, but I haven't been in a bookies since Desert Orchid was winning races, so my eye was caught by this picture from yesterday's Guardian, apparently revealing where all those vanished cabinets have washed up. Not a total surprise, of course, as I've been caught out a couple of times by Paragon cabinets which turned out to have been re-programmed as fruities. I wonder if the same fate ultimately awaits all of them?
Attachments
Fixed-odds-betting-termin-010.jpg
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Itbox had produced the Fixed odds games in the same cabinet for bookies years ago, they got some in a few shops with the big 3 and some independants, in the end though they could not develop newer software and create newer terminals as fast as the competition.
eddiesdad

Post by eddiesdad »

itboxes were first designed for the bookies.they became awps later,hence the poor internal layout.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

First place I saw them where in pubs, thats before terminals took off in bookies.

Had games like strike it rich etc and other quiz games, jacpots where £20-£40 I think
quizard

Post by quizard »

This is an old picture (bad journalism again). William Hill used ITBoxes as FOBTs in the early/mid 2000s. All Hills have Inspired Gaming units now.
Give Us A Break 30th Anniversary